New Carry Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabbed this new Kahr P9 off Grabagun for 350 bucks. Had to have been a closeout or something goofy because they normally sell for WAY more. Took it out and put 200 rounds of nasty Silver Bear through it to break it in (manual says to) and to make sure it would eat low end garbage ammo. If it didn't I would have immediately traded it in.

But it never had one failure in those first 200 rounds. Have it loaded up with Federal Micro HST loads now.

ohWBSIvfRJp05SdV2

N0KlzeRXptTWi4Ap1

Tke19mxevkQI9Xit2

good to hear that your Kahr is working well...they don't like me;

had a polymer frame rail on a p-9 break into pieces during the first 100 rounds (@ 10 years ago); shop refunded me full price...Kahr sent them a p-40 as a replacement

tried a smaller 9mm kahr for ccw @ 3yrs ago...the rear sight traveled to the right during shooting; sent to kahr for repairs, new sight installed, and problem persisted; traded back to the shop

tried a lightly used cw380 last year...end of recoil spring would stick out thru the guide rod hole in the slide; returned to shop for repairs...kahr sent a new recoil spring; failures continued...sold it back to the shop; also was fussy with 380 ammo that had sharp neck ridge (fiocchi, perfecta)

never ever again...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dmack2
Did you run some of the Federal Micro HST though to make sure they work?

Yes, no issues

Originally Posted By: kmrcstintn
good to hear that your Kahr is working well...they don't like me;

had a polymer frame rail on a p-9 break into pieces during the first 100 rounds (@ 10 years ago); shop refunded me full price...Kahr sent them a p-40 as a replacement

tried a smaller 9mm kahr for ccw @ 3yrs ago...the rear sight traveled to the right during shooting; sent to kahr for repairs, new sight installed, and problem persisted; traded back to the shop

tried a lightly used cw380 last year...end of recoil spring would stick out thru the guide rod hole in the slide; returned to shop for repairs...kahr sent a new recoil spring; failures continued...sold it back to the shop; also was fussy with 380 ammo that had sharp neck ridge (fiocchi, perfecta)

never ever again...

I know how that feels. I have had issues with the last two S&W revolvers I bought. Both came out of the box with problems before they even fired a round. A 638 was locked up. We had to beat it open. Seems someone at the plant did not screw the ejector rod in completely. The last one, a Model 67, was out of time from the factory and had to go right back to get parts replaced. I also had a lemon CZ once that took three trips back and never got right.

Very nice. My current typical EDC is a Kahr CW9 that runs flawlessly no matter what I do to it or feed it. Picked up at a steal of a price this year also. Love the size, it conceals and carries shockingly well, but when you pull it out you don't feel like you have a tiny unshootable gun at all. I can hit surprisingly well with it at ranges further than you'd expect.

Only bought the CW9 due to my positive experiences with my little CW380 which I have had about 3 years. I does not like one brand of ammo but other than that runs like a clock too. The spring sticking out the end is an assembly issue, mine will do it too if you don't put it together right. Nothing wrong with it it just has to be assembled properly.

I have had nothing but good luck with Kahr's but others haven't, sorta like Kimbers some swear by them and some at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back