STA-BIL anti-freeze ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: paulswagelock
That is RV antifreeze, not for cars. Made to winterized plumbing systems.

Thats what it is, antifreeze for drinking water systems. You pump it undiluted from the jug( in my rv i have valve and a hose to stick in the jug). I also pour some in each of the sink traps, use the rv pump to push it through the faucets and the toilet, shower head, and outside faucet.

Last edited:
Antifreeze for drinking water systems. You pump it undiluted from the jug( in my rv i have valve and a hose to stick in the jug). I also pour some in each of the sink traps, use the rv pump to push it through the faucets and the toilet, shower head, and outside faucet.

I should have mentioned, you want to empty the water heater, and turn the bypass valves. you don't want to waste gallons of antifreeze filling the water heater.

I was just at WalMart and saw SuperTech RV antifreeze for $2.58 a gallon.

I thought that was a good price since I've seen "2 for $8" specials at other places locally.

I winterized my travel trailer last weekend as there were some low 30's nights predicted, and since then we've been in the mid to high 70's lol.

Sorry, misunderstood your question. Both brands use straight.
The reason the super tech is so inexpensive is that it is alcohol based and not propylene glycol based like Prestone. I would stay away from the super tech for a few reasons. It is tough on certain plastics, is actually flammable, etc. It can not be used to winterized marine engines, just water systems. Stabil brand is a new marketing venture, but is propylene glycol based and can be used to winterized marine engines as well.

Originally Posted By: paulswagelock
Sorry, misunderstood your question. Both brands use straight.
The reason the super tech is so inexpensive is that it is alcohol based and not propylene glycol based like Prestone. I would stay away from the super tech for a few reasons. It is tough on certain plastics, is actually flammable, etc. It can not be used to winterized marine engines, just water systems. Stabil brand is a new marketing venture, but is propylene glycol based and can be used to winterized marine engines as well.

That is simply not true.
SuperTech MSDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back