Anyone else get free replacement duralast batterie

Status
Not open for further replies.
This I the second time I've had my batteries completely covered under warranty. Actually I think last time I paid like $30 They have really went up in price too. Two new duralast gold batteries for my truck is like $300 now.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did you first realize the value of proofreading?

The OP paid $30 for what? .....the batteries themselves?....a warrantee on batteries?

Then QP asked, "Why do you need to warrantee them in the first place?".
Warrantees protect the consumer from shoddy merchandise (it happens occasionally).
Warrantees are offered by manufacturers to spur sales.
How quickly they die is up to a lot of things. May will attest to batteries dying sooner of late.

It's nice that QP's Duralast regular lasted 6 years. My sister had one die on the 35th month of a 3 year "free replacement" warrantee period.

And to answer the thread's title, I got that Duralast battery replaced without any resistance from AutoZone at all.

Did I miss something?

I could tell for about 6 months it was cranking slower and not as smoothly. It finally barely started one morning so I took it back to let them correctly test the batteries this time.

Diesels are just hard on batteries in general. Then if you use a low quality battery brand it makes the problem worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious if anyone had to take their everlast back to Wal-Mart and whether they had any return issues.
Why i contemplated buying from autozone etc for their easy returns.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Then QP asked, "Why do you need to warrantee them in the first place?".
Warrantees protect the consumer from shoddy merchandise (it happens occasionally).

I know what the purpose of a warranty is.

OP stated that he had 2 batteries replaced under warranty, so I asked him what went wrong with his batteries that necessitated replacement under warranty and how old they were at the time of replacement.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Right at 3 years to answer your question

Thanks. And you did not have to pay any prorated amount? Or was it the $30 that you mentioned earlier?

According to their website, Duralast Gold does have a free 3-year replacement, so you should have gotten it for free.

My mom had an 03’ Buick Rendezvous that are batteries every 18 months like clockwork, like over 10+ years. Always used Duralast batteries in it and of course they were under warranty for the 18 month point but a couple times they would die 2 weeks or so before the 3 year warranty ran out. A couple times a month or so after the warranty was out too.

O’Reillys batteries didn’t fit, the hold down was really tiny and the battery would grind into the water pump, had to return it. Duralast batteries always had a big hold down.

Batteries last 3-4 years on average here in Hawaii. Mechanics in coastal states/cities like Hawaii, California, Florida and including one in Houston say the same. Must be the salt air from the ocean affecting battery chemistry.

Originally Posted By: anndel
Batteries last 3-4 years on average here in Hawaii. Mechanics in coastal states/cities like Hawaii, California, Florida and including one in Houston say the same. Must be the salt air from the ocean affecting battery chemistry.

It's the hot temperature. Heat basically fries a battery. So I'm not surprised it lasted 3 years in Texas. If you're in the colder states, they can last a lot longer so someone in the northeast could get 6 years out of one. I'm on an AGM battery that's almost 10 years old right now. Some have reported theirs lasting 12-15 years.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Diesels are just hard on batteries in general. Then if you use a low quality battery brand it makes the problem worse.

Do the glow plugs get used in the Houston climate?

I was trapped buying Duralast from AutoZone. They gave me three batteries with the prorated discount so I kept going back. I love the Everstart batteries at Walmart. I ve had Great success with them cheaper and way out last the AutoZone batteries.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I was trapped buying Duralast from AutoZone. They gave me three batteries with the prorated discount so I kept going back. I love the Everstart batteries at Walmart. I ve had Great success with them cheaper and way out last the AutoZone batteries.

Aren't they both made by Johnson Controls?

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Yes, once. Didn't even have the receipt, it was in their computer. This probably qualifies as a miracle.

Lol. Common every day occurrence. This is why they get your phone number when you purchase an item with a warranty.

Every Autozone Duralast Gold battery I have used has, luckily failed within the replacement warranty time frame. Problem is they always test it with their equipment taking theirtime and say the battery is bad. I have a real nice digital battery tester that even detects bad cells and I just take my tool with me, test in front of them (takes just seconds) and I am off with a new battery. I have been buying Walmart Everstarts lately and like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back