Tires for 2015 Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! I have a 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium and am going to be replacing the factory Goodyear Eagle LSII's that came on it in the next 6 months or so (40,000 miles at that point). I've had lots of experience buying truck tires but am not too familiar with car tires. I'm not sure if I need a touring tire or an all season performance tire. Heck, I'm not even sure what the difference is lol. Most of my driving is highway and I am really concerned about traction and tread life. I live in Indiana so these tires will probably see some light to moderat snow annually. The stock size is P235/45R18. Not that I'm wealthy, but I'm more concerned with quality than price, I drive 1000 miles a month just going to work. As always, any help is appreciated!

You drive enough you can get the use and life out of a good set of 100,000 miles tires. Just keep them balanced, in alignment and rotate them every 5000 miles.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
You drive enough you can get the use and life out of a good set of 100,000 miles tires. Just keep them balanced, in alignment and rotate them every 5000 miles.
Lots of driving miles doesn't mean you get a lot out of a set. It depends on the roads and driving type. City driving and constantly turning will wipe out a set of tires. Straight line roads you get lots of miles out of.

User supton on here commutes 30k miles a year, but on windy NH roads and he rarely gets over 30k miles a set out of any tire on any car.

I have a 2015 Fusion too, except I have the 19" wheel option. There are so many more tires for the 18" than there are for the 19". Two that I recommend are Continental DWS 06 and General Altimax RT43. I hear great things about the Continental, especially in snowy conditions. Some of my friends with FWD cars are nuts over them and they are on their 2nd or 3rd set. I had the General Altimax RT43 on my Focus and they were a great, quiet, reliable tire that fared well in the snow. These tires are rated for about 50k. Tirerack.com has plenty of tires that fit your car with reviews from drivers and Tire Rack reviews and videos. Take a look at that before buying also.

First you need to decide if you want dedicated winter/summer or all season tires.
If all season then you need to decide if high performance (good handling, good braking, good wet and aquaplaning, not so good tread ware, decent winter) is important to you or you prefer to trade wet and dry performance for longer life and maybe better winter performance.

In your size you can go for the best high performance all seasons:

CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06
BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE980AS
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S 3+

If you want to trade performance (at least dry and wet) for longer tread wear then General Altimax RT43, Continental PureContact are good choices too.

Krzys

I put Michelin Defenders on my 2013 Fusion. I had to go with a slightly taller tire than the OEM brand. I really like the way the car rides on them. Looks like they are available in 225/50R18 which might work for you. I had 17's.

Last edited:
I have the Conti's and can say they are a very good tire. I am at 45k on them on my 2011 Fusion, and they still have about 6/32" tread depth. I will say they were noisier than the Michelins they replaced for about the first 300 miles or so, they gradually got quieter and have been an excellent tire. My mileage went up by about 0.4-0.6mpg over a full tank over the worn out EnergySavers. They are decent in snow but obviously with only FWD you can easily make them spin in snow; for anything over 2-3" I stick with my Forester. I would buy them again!

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Continental Truecontact. Good traction, quiet and has a 90k warranty.

Not available in 235/45r18

The PureContacts are available in that size, according to TireRack.

At the other end of the spectrum , I have been internet shopping for tires at WalMart.com for a 2015 Chevy Sonic .

They have several brands , you can choose from .

Best of luck , :)

Thanks for the responses! Looks like I've got some reading to do. I guess I'm looking for an all season tire. Overall performance is a bigger concern than snow traction

If you really need to use one tire year-round and can't have a separate set of tires for the winter, get something like the Toyo Celsius or Vredestein Quatrac 5 or Nokian WRG3

Another good all-season tires, even though they may not be quite as good in the snow but still good for year-round use, is the Cooper CS5 Ultra, which is very popular on here and US-made. Even better if you can wait for DTD's Black Friday sales with the huge rebates. Yokohama's Avid Ascend is also a good tire and underrated for sure.

My choice for an all-season tire would be the Dunlop Signature HP, which is what I would use if they were still available in my size. I had the predecessor and loved it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-235-45-18-FALKEN-PRO-G4-A-S-45R-R18-TIRES-10019-/191543989925?fits=Section+Width%3A235%7CAspect+Ratio%3A45%7CRim+Diameter%3A18&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c98e956a5
4 of them for $380 until 10-30-17

4 NEW 235/45-18 FALKEN PRO G4 A/S 45R R18 TIRES

480 -100(code pmotors17 at checkout) sold by discount tire direct.

Most of the UHP tires will be mediocre to poor in snow.
These are closer to a grand touring tire than a UHP tire.

it is extremely similar to this tire on tirerack
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+A%2FS+P02+%28H-+or+V-Speed+Rated%29

@Rand, the Sumitomo HTR AS P02 and the Falken Pro G4 are the same tire.

The Falken Ziex ZE950 is slightly different,using less siping than the other two.

I have the Falken Ziex ZE950 on my car, but it's the best option I have. The only W-rated tire in the size 205/65-15. Not that I ever go that fast, but the fact that they make a tire like that is kinda cool
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back