Amsoil 300K Miles / 535,000km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly enough, my mail carrier does deliveries in what I believe is his personally owned 05/06 Santa Fe. It's still rollin'. Must be a very reliable year.

The recommended OCI was 6,000km and I was doing it at that before the first UOA, then started extending it outward and stopped at 10,000km because this engine was super hard on oil and would drop the TBN quickly and raise the TAN.

I did use Renewable lube in the engine for about 3 Oil Changes and then went back to Amsoil because the cost was better with Amsoil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Oddly enough, my mail carrier does deliveries in what I believe is his personally owned 05/06 Santa Fe. It's still rollin'. Must be a very reliable year.

The 4 cylinders had some problems in the 01-03 roughly but the 2.7L V6 which is what I had were bullet proof. They were a bit lackluster in performance but you couldn't kill them.

If the camshaft hasn't broken from a defect I would most likely still be driving the thing.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Looks clean on the OUTSIDE of the cylinder head as well....Interesting.

The edges where the gasket was, was sprayed with brake cleaner and my dad cleaned up the previous gasket left-overs because we thought originally that a cam sproket broke but then later found the broken cam in the second head. You can still see some minor gasket in the picture on the edge toward the bottom.

This is why it looks clean.

Plus there is a big cover over the top of the heads keeping dirt away. So that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
That looks fantastic!!! This was all on the 0w-30?

It was M1 for a couple of changes before I found the info on BITOG (Like in the first 20,000km), then it was 5w30 Amsoil then they introduced the SSO 0w30 and I switched to that then went to RLI for a few changes then back to Amsoil for the rest of its life.

So 90% Amsoil if I had to muster a guess.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Looks clean on the OUTSIDE of the cylinder head as well....Interesting.

That's the first thing that caught my eye too.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
That Amsoil did such a good job it snapped the camshaft!
grin2.gif

Just kidding Stevie, looks good.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
The recommended OCI was 6,000km and I was doing it at that before the first UOA, then started extending it outward and stopped at 10,000km because this engine was super hard on oil and would drop the TBN quickly and raise the TAN.

I did use Renewable lube in the engine for about 3 Oil Changes and then went back to Amsoil because the cost was better with Amsoil.

thumbsup2.gif
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back