Why synthetics...?? this is why..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought in my 2002 TL-P for its first valve adjustment maintenance @ 132,000 km...
Owned since new (june 2001).. nothing but synth since day 1.. Over the years some M1, 1 OCI of GC, some RP,.. but mostly PP...

My 2007 Fusion 2.3 has 214K miles and the cam area looks like new at 10K OCIs. Runs like new as well. M1 0-20.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Ok, now let's see the same engine on Conventional oil which has the same API ratings.

This

How can u prove if there was a bit more varnish or some sludge buildup the car wouldn't reach its max life? I know there's tons of vehicles out there not maintained well or at quick lube places with well over 300k being run on bulk conventional and jobber filters. My brother in law actually owns many examples of these for his private security company. Usually something else causes the car to be scrapped b4 the engine goes out.

But hey, if it makes u sleep better...

Originally Posted By: tig1
My 2007 Fusion 2.3 has 214K miles and the cam area looks like new at 10K OCIs. Runs like new as well. M1 0-20.

Lol good ol tig1 the Mobil 1 parrot. Will show up in any thread regarding engines with their valve covers off.

Looks good

My Jeep is at least as clean and was a fleet vehicle for the first 100k on unknown OCIs with conventional, it's had 4,000 miles of synthetic run through it.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Ok, now let's see the same engine on Conventional oil which has the same API ratings.

+1

+2

Amsoil 535,000km (300K Miles)
wink.gif

My girl's car with almost 180k on it looks similar through the fill hole...before I started changing it, she took it to her dad who used....Havoline conventional. No longer do I think you need synthetic to keep a clean looking engine.

Originally Posted By: 2K2AcuraTL
Brought in my 2002 TL-P for its first valve adjustment maintenance @ 132,000 km...
Owned since new (june 2001).. nothing but synth since day 1.. Over the years some M1, 1 OCI of GC, some RP,.. but mostly PP...

What has your interval been so far?

How about you, StevieC....OCI?

My Mazda usually looked cleaner than that (without that ugly brown stuff on everything) on conventional, and rolled over 7 times as far. (I say "usually" because some brands made gray sludge, while others removed it.)

Mine will place all of your engines(3x) to shame
laugh.gif
and of course on conventional only!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back