PRO LINE PPL-14610, 5,995 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filter was off my older gentleman/co workers 2010 Honda Accord LX. Oil was probably Pennzoil. Put some QSUD 0w20 courtesy of AAP Auto Parts and a FRAM ULTRA 7317. Car has only 30,xxx miles. He gave me some meatloaf and homemade sour crout and pierogis since I did the oil change for him. He also volunteers with me at the food bank and helps with meals on wheels. I’ve known this Vietnam Vet for over 20 years now.

Enjoy the pics
smile.gif

Another good filter. Did not expect a 6k purolator jobber filter to come out looking like that. Could be because of the low miles or better quality control. Thanks for the C&P again!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: THafeez
Another good filter. Did not expect a 6k purolator jobber filter to come out looking like that. Could be because of the low miles or better quality control. Thanks for the C&P again!
smile.gif

You’re welcome
smile.gif

Yeah, he doesn’t drive it much as we car pool to work often

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
That's the Puro Classic secret-thin oil, driven gently (especially when cold), short OCI. Change any of these-all bets are off! This one did great, though.

I’d say so yes

That's interesting... I don't think they've made those filters in years. I still have one lying around somewhere that I bought probably close to 10 years ago. Did they start making them again?

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
That is one clean motor. Oil looks like it cold have went quite a while longer.

I agree. He wishes to go once a year oil change and 3 years on the FU filter so we shall do this
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I can get these filters for $1.55/ea. I have not been using them due to the tearolator thing.Maybe I should trust them?

I'll have to check my local Pep Boys. I used to love using these as a reliable budget filter for cars I'd maintain. I've since gone to SuperTech, Quaker State, Napa ProSelect or Carquest Red instead. For some reason I've never had an issue with budget Purolators tearing, but I've had PureONEs tear on me.

Car51 - Great pics by the way. You captured the typical tearing point well and it's nice to see these held up.

This one looks as good as the PPL14459 you posted earlier in the month, only with more miles here. And an application where the central part of adbv doesn't have direct pressure on the inlet holes, no cuts.

A 2010 Accord with only 30k miles, that's low miles.

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back