Fram Ultra XG9972 defective out of box

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just created a ground swell. I can feel the tremors now.
grin.gif

Seriously, the spin on filters are glued differently.

There will always be defects on occasion with mass produced goods. Having said that when I start seeing a more consistent lack of quality like I did with Purolator I'll start thinking of another brand. For now the cartridge filters I have from them are very well made. Thanks for posting! I'll be keeping an eye out for more issues.

Yikes, that the same size and brand I use in my Camry. I buy mine online. Funny thing is they put a tamper evident seal on the top lid but not the bottom.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
That is why you open the box before you ever buy if its not and online buy. So now you have to ask was this an online buy or a lazy buy?

Good point. I always check if I buy from a store. I've found used, damaged, and mislabeled goods in boxes more times than I can count. In my local WMT store I wouldn't be one bit surprised if someone opened a box and messed with the filter, then put it back. Something you can't do to a spin on filter's media. FTR I'm not defending Fram. When I see more reports like this I'll be concerned, and any brand loyalty for Fram goes right out the window.

The old adage applies . "Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see."

That is why you open the box before you ever buy if its not and online buy. So now you have to ask was this an online buy or a lazy buy?

What sucks about Ultras,is that the boxes are sealed,so you'd have to pop the seal to inspect it. Unless the can style Ultras are the only ones that are sealed.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

What sucks about Ultras,is that the boxes are sealed,so you'd have to pop the seal to inspect it. Unless the can style Ultras are the only ones that are sealed.

I was able to inspect my Ultra's at Walmart they had three on the shelf. In fact one of them turned out not to be an XG can it was an Ultra that contained a Tough Guard. Someone got a self generated Ultra sale.

Originally Posted By: TTK
The old adage applies . "Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see."
Seems the filter element is half glued now what??

The old adage applies. "Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see."

And

Karma??

Really, it's a freaking bad filter......

No glue is no glue, you can see it was not pulled off and and also see where they tried to glue it.

So you are saying this filter has value for more filters? That I will have to think about. Makes me want to get an oil filter cutter to follow quality now, but the problem is it's after the fact.

I almost was going to screw the cartridge up, but being anal I flipped the filter to have the writing facing up just before I was going to add oil to soak the filter. When I grabbed it to flip my thumb pushed the filter in with ease. It was what the flip!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Good point. I always check if I buy from a store. I've found used, damaged, and mislabeled goods in boxes more times than I can count. In my local WMT store I wouldn't be one bit surprised if someone opened a box and messed with the filter, then put it back. Something you can't do to a spin on filter's media. FTR I'm not defending Fram. When I see more reports like this I'll be concerned, and any brand loyalty for Fram goes right out the window.

There is no glue on the lose half, plain a simple.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Paging ZeeOSix !
grin.gif

Like already suggested ... the OP needs to contact Motorking (Jay) to let Fram know. They will be interested in the issue, UNLIKE you know who.

OP, contact Jay and link this thread.

Jay M Buckley
FRAM
(248) 808-4551
[email protected]

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Karma is usually not this fast. Maybe I do believe in it.

You must have anti-Fram voodoo rituals going on at your house, that's how you come across.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

You must have anti-Fram voodoo rituals going on at your house, that's how you come across.

What is he talking about anyway? What karma? The principle of "what goes around comes around" is for those who have done something wrong to someone else. This principle doesn't apply here.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

What is he talking about anyway? What karma? The principle of "what goes around comes around" is for those who have done something wrong to someone else. This principle doesn't apply here.

He's all bent out of shape because people talk about Purolator filter failures all the time. He thinks it's "unfair". Now a failed Fram shows up, so he thinks "Karma" has answered his prayers.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back