Consensus on 04152YZZA6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just placed an order for the Corolla. Any issues with the YZZA6? Only post I was able to pull up was from 2010 where it performed very well. Any insight is appreciated
smile.gif

It's an oil filter element only. The bypass and anti drain back is in the engine. As long as the O ring is not leaking and the paper is good it will work.

Just a basic Thai-made Denso filter, use with confidence. All the Toyotas I wrench on use spin-on filters, and while there's so many of them around there isn't a "viable" extended life/high efficiency option that easily slips onto the Toyota filter housing, even the TRD Champ cartridge doesn't fit like the Denso.

Now if Mann can port over the Mercedes/Puro Boss element to Toyota applications...

The most important thing an oil filter can do is not fail. The Air filter is the most important oil filter.

The one I took off at about 17,500 miles looked fine. No problems, and very little visible junk was caught in it. They're very reliable, although their efficiency reputedly is only mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back