1952 Chevrolet Styleline DeLuxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I've forgotten to do this, introduce and post pictures of the newest acquisition. The motorhome went (to Indiana) to its new home, and this (from Indiana) has taken its place.

It is a 1952 Chevrolet Styleline DeLuxe. It is painted in late-90's Chrysler Deep Amethyst Pearl, and has ghost flames on the front fenders, front doors, and hood. From the info plate on the firewall, the car was originally painted black.

It has a set of classic Cragar S/S wheels, with Hoosier tires. Since it was an Indiana car, the Hoosier tires are more than appropriate.

The odometer reads 74,000 miles. I would assume that is the original miles on the body. The body is solid, with no filler at all.

It is a 235 engine, with a 3 speed transmission. The engine is believed to be from 1955, I still need to research the casting codes to confirm. It has a metal plate on it that states it was rebuilt in 1998. Includes an Offenhauser intake with 2 single barrel Rochester carburetors. The exhaust manifold is a Fenton (split), with custom bent dual exhaust with glass packs. It sounds exactly as it should.

It has been completely converted over to 12 volts.

The interior has been redone, with a quality aftermarket kit (although not a duplicate of original). This is not a show car, but a driver that is in really nice condition. The floor pans and frame are all rust-free, and are as solid as new.

This was bought sight unseen, by a friend who was in attendance at the Labor Day weekend event at Auburn, Indiana. It was a thrill waiting for it to be delivered, and to finally get to see it in person. It did not disappoint.

And what oil do I use? None other than Rotella T4 10w-30.

Very nice! But, this being very much an anti-Pilot type jalopy, you must use something substantially thicker with tons of ZDDP, like VR1 20w50, or the engine will deteriorate into a wheezing heap in less than the maximum-safe 3K OCI.
laugh.gif

Oh my! That is very nice!

Do you know for sure which engine? Early ones had a low pressure oil system. Normal oil pressure was ~15psi and required no more then 20 weight oil.. Later ones had a full pressure system with 30 psi and your 10W-30 is just fine.

I've owned a number of chevies, from 2 1946's, a 1949, a 1951, a 1956 and a 1958. Over the years, my dad owned a similar group of chevies.

VERY NICE, I was raised with and had MANY 6 cyl. Chevys, even though you would think I am a big ford fan by my signature. I still love the old chevy 6's.

Sweet! Stove bolt 6? Offy intake with 2 1 barrels? Alternator with an electric fan? Roll of toilet paper for the oil filter housing?

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Sweet! Stove bolt 6? Offy intake with 2 1 barrels? Alternator with an electric fan? Roll of toilet paper for the oil filter housing?

You were on a "roll" there, until you got to the last one.... It's actually a Fram C4P. I can get them shipped free from AAP for $8 and change.

The engine casting numbers on the block have it as being a 235 cubic inch engine, produced on August 12, 1955 in Flint, MI. Since this is a newer engine than the rest of the car, with "high pressure" lubrication, 10w-30 should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back