Just picked up our 1st Subaru Impreza 2.5i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me the fluid types & capacities of this car? Also, would y’all recommend doing 30k mi. intervals as recommended on the Hondas? My searches on the Subaru forums are a mixed bunch & I can’t get a hold of the seller anymore, who had promised me the owners manual & some other misc. stuff. It’s a 2007 Impreza non-turbo with automatic transmission.

This is for front and rear diff of 2007 Outback, not sure if it applies to your Impreza as I don't own Subaru.

FYI! Some aftermarket oil filters do not have the proper PSI bypass setting. Fram as an example has TWO different Extra Guard oil filters listed. One is the PH6607 which fits other manufactures vehicles and the other is the harder to obtain Fram PH9715 made specifically for Subaru and the rare Saab made by Subaru. Fram does not make a proper higher end oil filter for your Subaru. I once owned a WRX I bought new and sold with 136K on it. I used Valvoline Synpower synthetic 75W90 in the rear differential. I used Peak Global lifetime coolant changing it once at 30k and a second time at 105K when I did the timing belt and water pump.
Has your timing belt been changed yet?

front and back diff 75w90 gl-5, Auto trans fluid subaru HP(or your preferred approved atf), transmission filter??, engine oil/filter recommend a thick 5w30 or a 5w40

Cabin air filter, engine air filter, Coolant drain and fill with subaru conditioner tablet(s)

Thanks for the replies & links folks! Got all the info I needed
smile.gif
The car has 154k mi. on it. Timing belt, water pump, & head gaskets were done at around 100k. I just did the oil change & about to order the rest of the fluids, trans filter, spark plugs, wires, & air filters.

Originally Posted By: Nicasio
Thanks for the replies & links folks! Got all the info I needed
smile.gif
The car has 154k mi. on it. Timing belt, water pump, & head gaskets were done at around 100k. I just did the oil change & about to order the rest of the fluids, trans filter, spark plugs, wires, & air filters.
Head gaskets? Hmmmm.

Yup. It’s whats on the paperwork. From what I’ve been reading a lot of Subarus have had head gasket issues/coolant consumption. Runs perfect at the moment. I’ll keep my fingers crossed

Subarus of that era had head gasket issues, supposedly it was fixed on the production line in 2008-2010.

On the Subies I maintain, they do fine on 75W-90 gear oil for both front and back diffs. I'm using ATF-HP for warranty reasons, the 4EAT they used for ages seems to work fine on MaxLife or Castrol IMV, the pre-2006 models say any Dex-III rated fluid is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back