Concealed Carry While Riding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
40 S&W is a lot of gun in a Compact how's that recoil?

I bet it’s pretty snappy. I didn’t like my glock 23 in .40 for sure. I do have a .380 pocket pistol and that’s one snappy little bugger too.

Originally Posted By: E150GT

I bet it’s pretty snappy. I didn’t like my glock 23 in .40 for sure. I do have a .380 pocket pistol and that’s one snappy little bugger too.

Yep I know some guys that had Kahr's in 40 and they traded them back in for 9's. They were not guys that were overly recoil sensitive kind of guys.

I enjoyed shooting my G27. I wanted single stack, so I’ve moved to a 43.

Side note: I have an excess of .40 hollowpoint ammunition, between 155 and 180 grain, mostly Federal and Winchester. I’d be willing to trade for 9mm or .223 at a significant advantage to anyone, as I don’t have anything to shoot it anymore. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
I enjoyed shooting my G27. I wanted single stack, so I’ve moved to a 43.

Side note: I have an excess of .40 hollowpoint ammunition, between 155 and 180 grain, mostly Federal and Winchester. I’d be willing to trade for 9mm or .223 at a significant advantage to anyone, as I don’t have anything to shoot it anymore. Shoot me a PM if interested.

That's an oxymoron you can be well supplied but you'll never really have an excess when that brown stuff hits the fan.

I carry a Ruger SR9c it's a mid compact I would say for me not to small and not to big most compacts just don't fit my big paws right.

Son has the PPS in 9mm. Mine has quite a bit more muzzle snap. His holds one extra cartridge than the .40, both are single stack. Chose PPS due to it having the thinnest width of all others in the class, just shy of 1". With a quality IWB holster, you hardly feel it there after the first five minutes.

Originally Posted By: sunruh
considering i have seen 4 ride up to the local sonic and hitch their horses to the car hop speaker....it is
possible!
I would have enjoyed seeing that. I enjoy seeing people ride horses.

In warm weather, I carry a Ruger LCP 380 in a synthetic pocket holster, back pocket. It's so small, it's like having two wallets and doesn't print much at all. And you don't actually sit ON it and I forget it's even in my back pocket. In cool weather I will sometimes carry my S&W 9mm Shield in my jacket pocket in a synthetic holster. Even though the Shield is small, it's still too big for pocket carry.

riding season is about done up here where I reside , but summer is my LCP380 whith jacketed hollow points , fall / early spring a glock 19 is my favorite carry

S&W Model 10 M&P revolver. Older weapon and not on many wish lists but one fine pistol. Manufactured when S&W was making quality products. Has classic lines and workmanship is first class.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
S&W Model 10 M&P revolver. Older weapon and not on many wish lists but one fine pistol. Manufactured when S&W was making quality products. Has classic lines and workmanship is first class.

. . . and one that will be around after the plastic fantastics fade. I have its slightly bigger, stainless brother, the Model 65 M&P. Lots of carry wear, still works like a champ.

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back