Mopar 68191349AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came off my brother's 2016 Wrangler. We dumped the FF at 2000 miles. The Jeep had a build date of Feb 2016 and it had 400 miles on it when he bought it July 2017. Lots of short and hard trips I imagine.

Replaced it with another Mopar and some Valvoline 5w30 Synpower. Probably going to run it to 3-4k.

Last edited:
What engine?

I'm not versed on FCA engines but I did do an oil change on my cousin's 2014 3.6 (IIRC) Charger. That filter came out perfectly straight.

I replaced it with a WIX.

Originally Posted By: Kira
What engine?

I'm not versed on FCA engines but I did do an oil change on my cousin's 2014 3.6 (IIRC) Charger. That filter came out perfectly straight.

Pretty sure the Wranglers are all 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine.

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Originally Posted By: Kira
What engine?

Pretty sure the Wranglers are all 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine.

Yes, they are all 3.6 v-6 engines

There is a Fram Ultra for this application
smile.gif

Looks fine, the FCA V6 engines are relatively easy on oil. I inspect the pleats as well on the wife’s Jeep filter, only a few flakes seen by the naked eye from time to time.

Watch for more burn off with higher Noack oils though.

Originally Posted By: Bighorn2500
Looks fine, the FCA V6 engines are relatively easy on oil. I inspect the pleats as well on the wife’s Jeep filter, only a few flakes seen by the naked eye from time to time.

Are you thinking about the 3.6 or 3.8?

Originally Posted By: JC1
Did you check in between the pleats? On my caravan there was quite a bit of flakes in the filter when I did the first O/C @4000km.

Nothing that I could see. I was actually somewhat disappointed.

My dad uses version 1 of this filter in his early PentaStar V6 (Doesn't have the plastic thing on the end with the o-ring) and my FIL uses this version in the picture above in his PentaStar V6.

We have had excellent luck with the Wix branded filters. Nice and ridgid and straight after extended OCI's. My dad's has 300K KM's on it. 0 issues.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

About 2014 that filter replaced the one you are thinking of from the old 3.8L, it’s now used on 3.2L Cherokee and all 3.6L, the wife’s Jeep takes the same as my brothers Durango. I buy the Wix WL10010, I think its the cross reference to the Mopar MO-349. The old Mopar was the MO-744 I think, it didn’t have that nipple looking thing protruding from the end that gets inserted first.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

About 2014 that filter replaced the one you are thinking of from the old 3.8L, it’s now used on 3.2L Cherokee and all 3.6L, the wife’s Jeep takes the same as my brothers Durango. I buy the Wix WL10010, I think its the cross reference to the Mopar MO-349. The old Mopar was the MO-744 I think, it didn’t have that nipple looking thing protruding from the end that gets inserted first.

My comment was in response to the oil burn off you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back