Havoline ProDS OCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using it in a daily driven, Michigan, commuter vehicle F150/5.0L coyote. I run based on the IOLM, typically changing around 5-15% remaining and/or in the 8500 mile range. Historically I've run mostly M1 5w20 with some AFE 0w20, PP 5w20 and QSUD 5w20. Not that it matters, but just for history.

Next oil chance, which is due whenever I get around to it, will be with Havoline 5w20 ProDS. Can't see any reason, based on my research, to alter my methods. Does anybody else? Is there any concerns I'm not aware of with this oil? It was close-out from Oreilly auto parts but I doubt that matters...

Well sure it matters there is no reason not to buy oil on sale and save yourself some money. I just picked up some Jugs of this a month or so ago final cost about $10.70 a Jug. It's going to be my summer oil 10W-30.

Last edited:
I would continue your standing protocol buck91. Havoline Pro DS is a very good oil that is just as good as the others out there. Keep on keeping on there man. You are doing good.

You can use the IOLM-suggested OCI with ProDS or any other quality SN synthetic or syn blend with no problems
smile.gif

Funny this comes up; I lost confidence in the Pro DS and put some Lubegard Biotech in the crank today to compensate...

Normally, most of the time for the last 100K+ miles, I have run M1 10w-30 HM in the car on 7.5k OCIs. I tried the Pro DS 10w-30 starting about 1k miles ago because I got it on the crazy O'Reilly sale. The car runs rougher without a doubt, both drivers agreed without knowledge of the change.

Today I put in 5 ozs of Lubegard BioTech ( which I was experimenting with in another car; have never used it in this one) and it smoothed out.

Nothing scientific, but the butt dynometer set off alarm bells with this oil vs. Mobil 1 HM. Not what I expected.

Wow, just reviewing my spreadsheet. Even though I have less than 8500 miles on this OCI the last change was November 2016. Guess I'm defaulting into the "change by mileage not by time" camp...

Originally Posted By: buck91
Wow, just reviewing my spreadsheet. Even though I have less than 8500 miles on this OCI the last change was November 2016. Guess I'm defaulting into the "change by mileage not by time" camp...

LOL getter done before the snow flys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back