Walmart now carries Trico Ultra wipers made in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are the beam type, sizes from 16-28 inches, priced at $17.98

part number 13-xx0, where xx is the wiper size. For example, a 19-inch wiper would be 13-190

34.gif

The only other US-made wipers I know of are the Goodyear wipers at Costco, which some people don't like. But Trico wipers are very good.

$18 for a wiper!?

I’ll continue getting my $3-$4 Pronto wipers from Parts Authority and change them often.

I buy bosch clear advantage blades from rock auto for like $5 a blade. No streaks and 95% as smooth as Icons and they last a year. Can't imagine paying that much for wipers.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
$18 for a wiper!?

I’ll continue getting my $3-$4 Pronto wipers from Parts Authority and change them often.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
I buy bosch clear advantage blades from rock auto for like $5 a blade. No streaks and 95% as smooth as Icons and they last a year. Can't imagine paying that much for wipers.

I can only presume the Silicone ones I use for $60 per set would cause some folks cardiac arrest...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Piaa-Aero-Vogue-Windshield-Wiper-w-Silicone-Blades-22-22-Set-Made-in-Japan/262104033258?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Of course, I also have V rated tires and aqualpel on my windshield. I will pass everyone when it is raining in sheets. I can see and you can't. Most of the time with aqualpel I don't even need wipers. https://www.ebay.com/itm/AQUAPEL-Applicator-Windshield-Glass-Treatment-Water-Rain-Repellent-Repels-NEW-/142485255826?epid=1290660071&hash=item212cc87692:g:0s4AAOSw3GFZnoTD

Aquapel is Rainex on Steroids. Go ahead and tell me how many sets of $4 wipers you can buy to my $60 wipers...I'm still passing you in the rain because I can SEE. And I'm not a maniac in the heavy rain, I just get amused at all the 10-2 death grips hunched over the wheel with their useless wipers going mad and the driver is scared to death of doing more than about 35 mph....I'm alone in the fast lane.

Rockauto used to sell various Trico blades on closeout all the time, they were in the $2-$3 range, but they may have been the lower end. Got some a while ago and they didn't last that long, only about 4-6 month, but then again I never used to get much more than 6 months even on a new wiper blade so for $2-3, I couldn't complain. I just checked and they still have some on closeout, at least for my car.

I was actually disappointed in these because I thought I was getting a premium wiper, and I have never had a more jumpy wiper that catches and skips around noisily compared to a normal non beam rainex I usually use.

I am not sure if its because its beam style, or because one is a longer 26 inch. The shorter 18 inch one doesn't have this problem it seems.

A hard rain will alleviate it, but in anything lighter even the lowest wiper setting drives me crazy.

I understand what you are saying about being able to see and the ability to go a fair amount faster than others. I can do that as well due to having Rain X on my windshield. One thing though is in heavier traffic I slow down because of having others around me going slower. Speed differential is a big cause of many accidents on the highway. Being able to drive 50-60 mph in a hard rain is great but when others are going 25-35 and if they make a move not expecting someone to be going that fast to be there can result in an accident.

I buy the same ones, its like $24 for 2 cars with shipping and they work well.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I understand what you are saying about being able to see and the ability to go a fair amount faster than others. I can do that as well due to having Rain X on my windshield. One thing though is in heavier traffic I slow down because of having others around me going slower. Speed differential is a big cause of many accidents on the highway. Being able to drive 50-60 mph in a hard rain is great but when others are going 25-35 and if they make a move not expecting someone to be going that fast to be there can result in an accident.
Not much different than the average SUV driver "proving" how fast he can go...but not STOP in ice and snow. I find Toyota OEM blades are worth the cost.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
$18 for a wiper!?

I can only presume the Silicone ones I use for $60 per set would cause some folks cardiac arrest...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Piaa-Aero-Vogue-Windshield-Wiper-w-Silicone-Blades-22-22-Set-Made-in-Japan/262104033258?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Of course, I also have V rated tires and aqualpel on my windshield. I will pass everyone when it is raining in sheets. I can see and you can't. Most of the time with aqualpel I don't even need wipers. https://www.ebay.com/itm/AQUAPEL-Applicator-Windshield-Glass-Treatment-Water-Rain-Repellent-Repels-NEW-/142485255826?epid=1290660071&hash=item212cc87692:g:0s4AAOSw3GFZnoTD

Aquapel is Rainex on Steroids. Go ahead and tell me how many sets of $4 wipers you can buy to my $60 wipers...I'm still passing you in the rain because I can SEE. And I'm not a maniac in the heavy rain, I just get amused at all the 10-2 death grips hunched over the wheel with their useless wipers going mad and the driver is scared to death of doing more than about 35 mph....I'm alone in the fast lane.
I haven't turned my wipers on in months. Maybe June or July? And I drive 25k+ miles a year.

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
I was actually disappointed in these because I thought I was getting a premium wiper, and I have never had a more jumpy wiper that catches and skips around noisily compared to a normal non beam rainex I usually use.

I am not sure if its because its beam style, or because one is a longer 26 inch. The shorter 18 inch one doesn't have this problem it seems.

A hard rain will alleviate it, but in anything lighter even the lowest wiper setting drives me crazy.

It's weird how that goes. There are people over in the Mercedes E63 AMG forum complaining about their factory OEM blades which they probably pay $60 or more for, probably thrown in when when they do service B which is typically $500. I did try the Bosch OEM ones for my E-350 at one point, Rockauto had those for $35 for the pair, they didn't seem to be much better than the Trico or Valeo blades that I got on closeout so I went with the closeout ones and just swap them every 6 months or so.

I'm pushing 60 years old and haven't had a speed related accident on the highway in 40+ years of driving. Did anyone listen when I mentioned Aquapel? Or did all you read was "I'm passing you?" Maybe ask "Why?" or How? I'll repeat: I'm not a maniac in the rain, it's just that I can See.
Perhaps I overemphasized speed, sorry. Aquapel can take an otherwise nerve racking experience and turn it into a walk (drive) thru the park. And Nick is right, most of the time I don't need wipers, but if I do, mine are really good. I also drive extensively Nick, maybe more than you, maybe less...That's not the point I'm trying to make.

Has anyone else tried Aquapel? Opinions? Rainex doesn't count, that's for the poor folk who don't know Aquapel exists.

Aquapel is used on jet fighter aircraft. https://www.amazon.com/Aquapel-88625-47100-Glass-Treatment/dp/B000CDAEVK

How do the wipers hold up to bugs and such on your windshield? The cheapos I used to run would be damaged if I was too lazy to scrub my windshield and I just hit the washers.

Old tires on a car at Darlington with 50 laps on them vs new tires where the difference in speed is 15-20 mph per lap. It causes accidents there because of just that difference in speed.

Now if you are all by yourself... Then have it at it. That's a whole other circumstance.

Using a product that works really great is a very good thing. I will look into what you have mentioned here. It is good to have something that works that good and gives you an advantage in those conditions.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
I'm pushing 60 years old and haven't had a speed related accident on the highway in 40+ years of driving. Did anyone listen when I mentioned Aquapel? Or did all you read was "I'm passing you?" Maybe ask "Why?" or How? I'll repeat: I'm not a maniac in the rain, it's just that I can See.
Perhaps I overemphasized speed, sorry. Aquapel can take an otherwise nerve racking experience and turn it into a walk (drive) thru the park. And Nick is right, most of the time I don't need wipers, but if I do, mine are really good. I also drive extensively Nick, maybe more than you, maybe less...That's not the point I'm trying to make.

Has anyone else tried Aquapel? Opinions? Rainex doesn't count, that's for the poor folk who don't know Aquapel exists.

Aquapel is used on jet fighter aircraft. https://www.amazon.com/Aquapel-88625-47100-Glass-Treatment/dp/B000CDAEVK

I don't think the point was about seeing, it was about the variation in speed. Still I suppose if you're in one lane and not weaving in and out, it's probably fine. I've used RainX in the past and it's been fine, I don't have any problems seeing in the rain with or without it. Not sure why rain just makes people slow down for no particular reason. I drive at full speed if I can in the rain, nothing magical about the wipers, I have the rain sensor wipers and they're fine in heavy rain, they sometimes ramp up to double speed if it's bad enough.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Goodyear from Costco work very well for me. Good to hear they're made in the USA.

They work well on most cars - if you have a car with weird wiper arms, or ones that tuck under the hood in the parked position they don't exactly work nice. They are a tall wiper compared to OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back