Extreme oil flush!!! LA Totally awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if this has been post before but everyone needs to watch this video! Its kind of long so scan through it. The guy cleans an extremely sludged up engine by pouring 1/2 gal of all purpose cleaner/degreaser into the engine with a qt of oil....Money shots start at the 9:00 minute and 16:00 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acnAn-elvQE&t=1233s

Did this guy pour a water soluble alkaline cleaner into his engine and run it? What? This is insane.

Reading the title, I thought GHT was back on the site.

BTW, drains it into the used oil drum. How is one to recycle that?

I miss GHT
frown.gif

My neighbor buys that stuff from the local Rite Aid Pharmacy. He gave me some bottles to use for cleaning up around the house. It's basically a light cleaner, degreaser, stain remover...and very cheap at $1 a bottle. I'd recommend it for numerous uses. In automotive use, for cleaning EXTERIOR of engines or carpet stains. Contains 2 butyl-ethanol.

This colorless liquid has a sweet, ether-like odor, as it derives from the family of glycol ethers, and is a butyl ether of ethylene glycol. As a relatively nonvolatile, inexpensive solvent of low toxicity, it is used in many domestic and industrial products because of its properties as a surfactant.

Wiki

Used in oil industry, spills, automotive, even in foods. It's a hazardous substance in Calif. Breaks down fairly quickly in air.

Originally Posted By: JC1
And he uses Mobil 1 on one of those flushes. That cannot be good for your vehicle.

What is wrong with using Mobil 1 ?

Thanks , :)

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Originally Posted By: JC1
And he uses Mobil 1 on one of those flushes. That cannot be good for your vehicle.

What is wrong with using Mobil 1 ?

Thanks , :)

Nothing wrong with Mobil 1, but you have to admit that's a waste of good oil for his flush. In the video he says he didn't want to run out and get some other oil since that is all he had on hand.
spankme2.gif

That’s crazy that he used totally awesome in the engine, but it appeared to have worked. Plus it’s on a Nissan w 192k miles on it.

I think it was an old Villager or Quest. Running household cleaner through an engine, nothing like making things worse!

I was waiting on him to put a few chunks of that sludge on the La totally awsome abd show us it dissolved.

I use this stuff and it is strong. Dilution rates are very high. It says it will etch glass at full strength.

That said it would have at least run a flush oil through it after the cleaning to thin it out.

Even some t-shirt strained used motor oil would be ok as a flush. To get all that awsome out.

I couldn't sit through it because it was so slow.

How long did he idle the engines at each phase?
Did he address filters?
If it wasn't let to idle too long, I'd bet everything's OK.

Me? I ain't doing it anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back