Astros in the World Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know the experts give them about a 0.00% chance of beating the otherworldly great LA Dodgers, but Sshhh! Don't tell that to this young Houston team. They don't realize they have NO CHANCE.
smile.gif

Good to see them win. This could be a nice boost in spirit around the Houston area. Where they could use some good news and happenings.

I'm happy about it, now I don't have to sit through watching the World Series, my wife would have been glued to the set. When it comes to baseball and hockey, I'd rather watch paint dry.

Been too busy and did not watch any… happy for them regardless … been a tough year for that city/area …

They said that about the Mets and look what happened.

An aunt has a tee shirt which reads, "I root for the CUBS and whoever is playing the Yankees".

Old National League guys who "never set foot in dirty Yankee Stadium" were my baseball mentors.

I get it.

I'm glad the Astros won, because I like the team and the city, but I don't find this Yankees team to be nearly as obnoxious as the older iterations. The Dodgers seem more like the old Yankees, just trying to buy a championship. If the Stros can keep their bats alive, they have a shot. I really thought they were done after game 5.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
What a great ALCS, hope the WS is just as entertaining. Maybe someday my Pirates will get back there.

Maybe someday the Nationals will get there, but I doubt it.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Yeah, I know the experts give them about a 0.00% chance of beating the otherworldly great LA Dodgers, but Sshhh! Don't tell that to this young Houston team. They don't realize they have NO CHANCE.
smile.gif

Sounds like the same chances the Blue Jays had back in 1992 against the Atlanta Braves.

That's why they play the actual games. I'd love for Houston to win.

Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
smile.gif

Sounds like the same chances the Blue Jays had back in 1992 against the Atlanta Braves.

That's why they play the actual games. I'd love for Houston to win.

Dodgers are only a slight favorite, mainly because they have home field advantage. The Astros didn't look like the same team at Yankee Stadium. They can't stink on the road in this series, or they have no chance. A win over Kershaw in game one would be huge. Interestingly, Sports Illustrated had a cover story in 2014 predicting Astros as 2017 champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back