under chassis clean wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi: thinking about manual pump sprayer with vinegar water mix aimed at truck frame and related, with moderate rust. Will this neutralize the rust? Then spray with power washer, than just bought a sprayer with fluid film and spray? Overall leave it clean and dry, then rust resistant? Thoughts?

If it were a fungal infection, a vinegar douche applied periodically would work. For rust, no.

Get under and scrub it with a wire brush and then try to de-grease as best you can. Then hit it with a rust converter spray. The Rustoleum brand one is very affordable at Walmart.

This is going to blow away a very weak passive neutralizing spray and then wax coverage, and really not be that much harder and likely less expensive given the silly cost of FF.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
If it were a fungal infection, a vinegar douche applied periodically would work. For rust, no.

I think he wants to use the vinegar to remove salt.

You just need to get major dirt off the vehicle before using FF or CarWell. At the shops they just use compressed air. It will soak through whatever is left after cleaning with compressed air.

supposedly vinegar counteracts rust. I have tried it on small metal items and it helped, but don't know what it does if left on.

Here's an extreme vinegar rust removal soak. Apparently, the guy forgot about the tools he was soaking for 19 months.

I never wash the underneath of my undercarriage for the life of the vehicles because it gets sprayed with rust proofing spray yearly. 20 years and 1/2 a million kilometers later no rust.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back