Hyundai Grand I10 oil interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a self employed auto tech I'm going to try and not make this a "when do I change my oil post ".My wife uses this vehicle and it has 15000km service intervals .I have extended the service plan to 60 000km .Vehicle is currently on 37800kms .Upon checking all fluids and washing the car today ,I was surprised at the almost black like colour of the oil after only 7500kms .The dealer swears they only use synthetic oil on these engines ,however no one at the service reception can say anything further except "Castrol" .My question is ,a grade and distance/time recommendations on this engine from users ? It has the Hyundai k 12 engine .Previous cars of mine have done well enough on 1 year intervals ,each doing 300000kms plus .Same advice I give my clients as most of them do about 10 000km a year .

In TGDi/GDi engines look at "severe service" sheme....and change your oil at 10kkms MAX... Maybe at 15kkms if you are comuter without many short trips...

Dealer but you're a tech? Maybe start changing yourself then you will know what's going in there.

Direct injection is also helping with that; only with a UOA can you be certain of the oil's condition.

Ask to see the oil they are using, whether bulk or single containers they should be able to show you the oil, of course what is in a bulk container may not be what it is labeled as.

Reason for dealer is car was bought new and comes with a standard maintaince plan .Reason for extending it was to cover services during the warranty period .In SA if you dont have it serviced by dealer your warranty is void .

Why not monitor and 'see' the oil condition with a Blotter Spot Test ?
Fast easy and it cost you only a piece of paper.

Originally Posted By: Matt97
Reason for dealer is car was bought new and comes with a standard maintaince plan .Reason for extending it was to cover services during the warranty period .In SA if you dont have it serviced by dealer your warranty is void .

Wow ok to maintain the warranty MUST go to dealer ... that is an eye opener for us here in the US and no mistake. Thanks for the explanation.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

Wow ok to maintain the warranty MUST go to dealer ... that is an eye opener for us here in the US and no mistake. Thanks for the explanation.

Don't kid yourself that's what their all working for. In fact my guess is if you want real OEM parts that's what they like to see. The car manufacturers are not your buddies.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

Over here OEMs threaten voiding warranty coverage whenever any one OCI at SC exceeds stipulated OEM schedule (of 5000 km or 10,000 km).
mad.gif

Warranty terms are service at set km or 1year .Must be done by the maufacturers dealer network .Go over the km interval by 1500 kms will also void warranty .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back