Rust Proofing - Now you can get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

Those of us Canucks that rustproof know the benefit Krown Rust control can offer. Now you can buy the same great stuff as they ship to the U.S.

It's a great product that sprays on, creeps and then dries with an invisible self-healing barrier. It's non-toxic, no mask or gloves are needed and it will not stain your asphalt. (Washes off Asphalt after some time).

I have been using it since their inception in the 1980's and all my vehicles go to the scrap yard with 0 rust even after 20 years and 1/2 a million kilometers.

It's great to spray in your doors, door locks, shock towers, under carriage, electrical wires/connectors and everywhere else corrosion and rust is a problem. It has no solvents and will not cause rubber/seals to swell.

https://shopusa.krown.com

Here is the Dodge Caravan that went to the scrap yard after 22 years of living in the Rust Belt.

My 2006 Santa Fe that went to the scrap yard with no rust after 535,000km (300K miles)

Last edited:
Ha! In college a friend had that same hand me down van from his parents, exact color and all but it was a Voyager. This was the late 90's but it was still going strong and wasn't too rusty other than around the rear window. The old POS ran well especially considering how poorly it was treated.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Ha! In college a friend had that same hand me down van from his parents, exact color and all but it was a Voyager. This was the late 90's but it was still going strong and wasn't too rusty. The old POS ran well especially considering how poorly it was treated.

I used to call mine the Shaggin' wagon, it had the awful beige interior. It was fun to go to the Drive-in with and open the trunk and sit in there on some bean bag chairs.

This one was the dreaded 2.6L Mitsubishi engine that was known for cracking heads and burning copious amounts of oil. We overhauled the engine at 150,000km and change the head twice after that (Cracked). We got 460,000km out of it though...
lol.gif

Last edited:
He called it the hooptie van, also had the 2.6 but seemed to run well, just slow.

At 140km/hr (86 MPH) it wouldn't go any faster... Literally pedal to the floor and it would be topped out.

Also took about 20 minutes to get to 60. No speeding in that thing. (J/K)
lol.gif

Last edited:
I remember driving it a few times and thought it was a nice driving car...if you weren't in a hurry! The driving position, steering/handling, visibility were all really good.

It was comfortable and it did handle pretty well. I just wish we had the V6 instead. But those also burned oil (Mitsu) and used to drop Valve Seats.

Ha! In college a friend had that same hand me down van from his parents, exact color and all but it was a Voyager. This was the late 90's but it was still going strong and wasn't too rusty other than around the rear window. The old POS ran well especially considering how poorly it was treated.
They could have added another rear axle and made it a truck!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
crackmeup2.gif

lmao! I'm keeping an eye out for that beast...with any luck you'll see a post of it in my garage!

Originally Posted By: Oldtom
Can you buy Krown in gallon cans to apply with a spray gun?

Thanks for this info :)

E-mail them, I can buy it here in Canada!
smile.gif

If not let me know and I will talk to the shop I'm friends with here that does my vehicles. I have known the guy for years and we could arrange to get it from here to you. (Cheaper in Canadian Dollars anyway. LOL)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
crackmeup2.gif

lmao! I'm keeping an eye out for that beast...with any luck you'll see a post of it in my garage!

Yeah that was something...

I so need to get that here..will end up on what I drive next

Makes me sad I will have to send our cavalier to the scrapyard....not because of the engine, but rust will finish it off....

I'd almost spray it just to keep it from getting worse....not sure how much it will help though...

Originally Posted By: Oldtom
Can you buy Krown in gallon cans to apply with a spray gun?

Thanks for this info :)

You can get it from Carwell in Buffalo, NY - same stuff.

Carwell will apply to your vehicle.

I think they have a site in buffalo and Syracuse.

I typically known a car when up in a Canada on other business.

I have never used Krown personally. How does it compare to FF? I use that stuff, but if Krown is the better option, I may consider using it. I hate working on rusty cars.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Has it always been a "cash and carry" product or do they install it into your vehicle's nooks and crannies?

Where in NYS do they do that?

I think Eric O. has a youtube video of having Krown applied to one of his vehicles ( truck ? ) Think he lives in upstate New York ?

Best of luck , from the South . Never looked under a used car when shopping , for rust . :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kurtatron
I have never used Krown personally. How does it compare to FF? I use that stuff, but if Krown is the better option, I may consider using it. I hate working on rusty cars.

I don't think we have anything other than anecdotal information comparing Fluid Film to other products. Krown claims that even if it appears to be washed off, a microscopic self healing layer remains to inhibit rust?? Some internet threads claim that some rubber swelling HAS occurred with Krown with SOME cars
21.gif
??

There is one research document out of Canada comparing the more popular products (FF not included). Corrosion Free 3000 "seems" best (but its affiliation with Canadian Tire is a negative). Krown is in the middle, maybe better than RustCheck.

http://cradpdf.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/PDFS/unc53/p526285.pdf

To you Michiganders, there are 2 Krown applicators in the southeast corner: Monroe and Lexington

https://www.krown.com/locations.php?x=0&y=0&search_location=48910

Both seem to have good endorsements. I have had good experience with Jeff at the Monroe location, going on 5 years now. The Windsor shop is excellent also (thanks PapaBear!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back