Utility oils that come with a straw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy Tri-Flow mainly for the straw. I use it on all kinds of stuff where I want just a little bit of oil without oiling the surrounding area. Are there other oils with straws that I don't know about ? Cue me in.
smile.gif

1381991045706-i3dgezb4gc14-630-80.jpg

il_570xN.783464593_exrx.jpg

i have a few medical "one time use only" hypodermic needles...the ones with the screw on tips. with a large needle they suck up whatever lube you want and place it exactly where you like. i use this to lube motorcycle cables and a surprising amount of stuff.
this way im not limited to what packaging a product i like comes in, altho i do like sea foam "deep creep" for most any light viscosity lubing.

Last edited:
Well Kroil comes with a straw, just a regular red straw like other cans. You can buy it online, about $14 for 2 king size cans plus shipping.

Just google Kroil and select the Kano Labs link.

Zoom Spout has a nice long straw and is refillable. This my favorite all-purpose oiler. I get these at ACE hardware for about $3.

You can get needle tip oil bottles on ebay or amazon. I first found them at my local slot car track, they are great for precision oiling.

Originally Posted By: justintendo
i have a few medical "one time use only" hypodermic needles...the ones with the screw on tips. with a large needle they suck up whatever lube you want and place it exactly where you like. i use this to lube motorcycle cables and a surprising amount of stuff.
this way im not limited to what packaging a product i like comes in, altho i do like sea foam "deep creep" for most any light viscosity lubing.

Snag with that is many oils and most solvents will attack the rubber piston gasket. You can avoid that by using two syringes in tandem. First syringe with piston all the way out, second syringe cable tied to the first ones piston plunger, with its needle through the first ones gasket.

Since IV HDMO is contra-indicated for most conditions, I file the point off the first syringe needle, if I can be bothered.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: justintendo

Snag with that is many oils and most solvents will attack the rubber piston gasket. You can avoid that by using two syringes in tandem. First syringe with piston all the way out, second syringe cable tied to the first ones piston plunger, with its needle through the first ones gasket.

Since IV HDMO is contra-indicated for most conditions, I file the point off the first syringe needle, if I can be bothered.

No problem of rubber piston with 2 pieces syringes but they are available up to 20ml.

Originally Posted By: AVB
You can get needle tip oil bottles on ebay or amazon. I first found them at my local slot car track, they are great for precision oiling.

These look interesting.
smile.gif

ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back