iPhone X and other Apple Camaraderie

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too expensive, and it comes with features that other smartphones already have had for a pretty long time (and for $200-$300 less!)

I have an iPhone 8. Much the same processor and capability as the X. It’s fast but not instant. I will say that it is good enough. The iPhone X should be excellent with the new screen. I’m not an Apple fanboi, I will only say this current generation is capable enough for just about any user.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cujet
I have an iPhone 8. Much the same processor and capability as the X. It’s fast but not instant. I will say that it is good enough. The iPhone X should be excellent with the new screen. I’m not an Apple fanboi, I will only say this current generation is capable enough for just about any user.

I upgraded to the 8 from the 6S and I will say the biggest improvement is battery life. It is significantly better.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I upgraded to the 8 from the 6S and I will say the biggest improvement is battery life. It is significantly better.

I'm finding that the iPhone 8 can go all day without needing a charge. Something my 6s could not do. In fact, I used the inflight internet on a recent flight for 2 hours and still had 65% battery left. The 6s would have been depleted at the end of the flight.

More interestingly, the iPhone 8 seems to charge very rapidly when I use my huge iPad's (maxipad) charger. I think it can accept more charge current. As it will go from 40% to 80% in 10 minutes if I use that charger.

As I mentioned above, the phone's capability is at the point where it's quite simply, "good enough". I'm not experiencing any glitches at all.

I'm finding that the iPhone 8 can go all day without needing a charge. Something my 6s could not do. In fact, I used the inflight internet on a recent flight for 2 hours and still had 65% battery left. The 6s would have been depleted at the end of the flight.

More interestingly, the iPhone 8 seems to charge very rapidly when I use my huge iPad's (maxipad) charger. I think it can accept more charge current. As it will go from 40% to 80% in 10 minutes if I use that charger.

As I mentioned above, the phone's capability is at the point where it's quite simply, "good enough". I'm not experiencing any glitches at all.

Mirrors my experience to a tee
thumbsup2.gif

Welcome to the world Samsung Galaxy S2 enjoys.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen

Welcome to the world Samsung Galaxy S2 enjoys.

I've owned numerous Android phones and never found their battery life to be significantly different from the iPhones
21.gif

My biggest gripe however was the lack of regular OS upgrades to the point where I would just put on Cyanogenmod to be running a more recent and more secure version of android. This was greatly improved when I had a Nexus.

Lifelong Android user now using an iPhone X. i pre ordered to resell it but the shortage wasn't bad enough to make money on it. So i opened it, tried it out, now i'm going to sell my Galaxy S7.

The biggest surprise is how good the speakers sound on this thing. Of course the screen looks great too. Not a lot better than my S7 but its a sizable improvement. Apple's CPU rips android to shreds right now too.

Size wise its virtually identical to the S7, and that's the perfect size for me.

i can't say that its worth $1000 but i am content.

My iPhone X 256Gb should be here today, of course the cold screen issue was announced.. oh well. This is my first new model phone, typically get one or two back. At the end of the day it was buying a phone three models back for a same price as buying the new model. A lease, yes, but at least don't have to worry about getting rid of the old. We have 4 old phones laying around here gathering dust. A cell phone is just another tool and for the convenience I don't mind paying extra.

I love how as soon as the new iPhone comes out, my current iPhone starts falling apart.

Literally within one week of the new release:

1. Phone becomes insanely slow
2. Earpiece stops working, can only talk on speakerphone
3. Headphone jack stops working
4. Random lock-ups and crashes
5. When plugging in OEM charge plug - "This accessory may not be supported." Phone stops charging.

Originally Posted By: dareo
Lifelong Android user now using an iPhone X. i pre ordered to resell it but the shortage wasn't bad enough to make money on it. So i opened it, tried it out, now i'm going to sell my Galaxy S7.

The biggest surprise is how good the speakers sound on this thing. Of course the screen looks great too. Not a lot better than my S7 but its a sizable improvement. Apple's CPU rips android to shreds right now too.

Size wise its virtually identical to the S7, and that's the perfect size for me.

i can't say that its worth $1000 but i am content.

Same here, the iPhone X is my first non-Android smartphone phone.

I like it quite a bit.
The iPhone X and Pixel 2XL were the only phones that interested me this year, not a fan of Samsung's lagging update schedule.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
I love how as soon as the new iPhone comes out, my current iPhone starts falling apart.

Literally within one week of the new release:

1. Phone becomes insanely slow
2. Earpiece stops working, can only talk on speakerphone
3. Headphone jack stops working
4. Random lock-ups and crashes
5. When plugging in OEM charge plug - "This accessory may not be supported." Phone stops charging.

Interesting that Im not having those issues. Im still using an iphone 6 for work. And it has the latest OS. Weird. Must be user error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back