What car did you date your significant other(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former (1987): 1986 Isuzu P'uP 2.3L 4WD, two-tone burgundy and champagne.

Current (2015): 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5L AWD, dark grey. And both a 2013 and 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 motorcycle, sequentially not simultaneously until each was crashed (w/o her aboard). She will now not ride passenger with me driving the new bike, but she rode on back both the Duc's.

Meaning what were we driving when we met our SO's? My Marauder. She doesn't appreciate the way I drive it.

I find it MUCH more engaging than her '17 Altima 2.5 CVT. BLAH! Nice car, extremely boring.

First one, 1958 Chevy convt. 348, powerglide, 4bbl. Bright aqua color with white top.

Second , (current) one, 1965 Pontiac GTO 389, 4 speed, 4bbl. Gunmetal with white interior.

Her 1957 Triumph Speedtwin was off the road (broken frame), so while she built a 1951 Tiger 100 from parts, I gave her my bike to use, a 1954 BSA Goldflash I'd repowered with a sidevalve M20 engine. I had just rebuilt the engine, and she got to run it in. She loved it.

Every car I have ever owned my SO and now wife has been around for. Including my first car a 03 red Mini cooper that I crashed into a cliff.

Most significantly was my 98 chevy metro. We traveled all over in that thing, most of the time we just drove for no reason and others we were going to dancing events. At one point I was homeless in that car. Still technically own it too, wife refuses to let me sell the little turd. She drove it around for almost a year when her parents took her BMW away, so many fond memories
smile.gif
Owned at least 20+ cars since then.

79 Dodge PowerWagon … 4” lift … 38” TSL’s … pipe bumpers … 9000# winch … mega stereo … headers and dualed out … edelbrock intake and carb … what’s a girl not going to like about that?

Got a brand new diesel 2500 right before the wedding but kept the Dodge a long time …
cool.gif

1976 MGB.
A fun car that had no power, great shifting and idiot-proof handling.
It sits in the back part of our garage even now.
I'll some day restore it to its original mediocre build quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back