Which M1 HM to use for winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have on hand a jug of SL rated M1 HM 5w20 and SL rated M1 HM 5w30. Almost at 4,900 miles so will change oil soon and leave magnets and Bosch d+ filter on. Which M1 HM would you folks use thru winter? Already saying this winter will be "milder" and warmer than last winter here in southwest PA

THANKS in advance

they are the same when cold, use up the 5-20 + don't buy any more!! a 30 warm is more protective than the 20

I mixed the other 5w20 HM with some SM 0w40 already
smile.gif

Thanks for the advice

I'd be more tempted to leave the oil in place and change that D+ out after seeing several torn lately than to change the oil and leave the filter. I'd be wanting that thing off if it was me.

As for the oil six of one half dozen the other. I'd probably run the 5w20. Heck I just put some old High Zinc QS Defy in Lauren's Lexus here in Florida in a 5w20, clearance oil from last year. Previous fill was VSP 20w50 which also would've been just fine for the winter here. Still using up stash oils from last year.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
I'd be more tempted to leave the oil in place and change that D+ out after seeing several torn lately than to change the oil and leave the filter. I'd be wanting that thing off if it was me.

As for the oil six of one half dozen the other. I'd probably run the 5w20. Heck I just put some old High Zinc QS Defy in Lauren's Lexus here in Florida in a 5w20, clearance oil from last year. Previous fill was VSP 20w50 which also would've been just fine for the winter here. Still using up stash oils from last year.

Amen brother!

I'll remove the filter and put a TG 4386 on

Thanks FlyNavyP3
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back