Phone App for Monitoring WiFi OBDII Port Adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
I bought a WiFi OBDII port module that will send trouble-codes, live data, etc from the OBDII port to a smartphone. I've got an Android smartphone and see there are dozens of free OBDII applications available.

Anyone using an application that is laid out well and works good with these WiFi OBDII port modules?

I have been using Dash . Still getting hang of it. It is in no way as comprehensive as Torque but I am waiting for Torque to go on sale. Until then, Dash does a good job.

if i recall torque was only $4.99 and its for life, not a recurring monthly charge like some what some othet apps do. everyone uses it and its the goto app.

you wouldnt think twice to spend $4.99 or even ten times that much to get a screwdriver or a wrench or other tool.

if you dont want to pay that you really have no respect for the developer and you deserve to have ads and your phone battery sucked down from "free" apps or potential viruses. not to mention wasting so much time trying out all the free tools.

Last edited:
I use Torque Pro ($4.99) then. I think there is also a free version, Torque. Maybe it's a lite version or maybe some ads or something, I haven't tried the free version.

At one time I was moving apps around plus deleting some. I removed my Torque Pro app by mistake, so when I went to go get it again I thought I was going to pay again but it didn't charge me.

Please forgive the threadjack, but is there an equivalent to Torque for us iPhone users? I bought ForSCAN (I own Fords) but can't find a WiFi adapter that will work properly with it.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
I use Torque Pro ($4.99) then. I think there is also a free version, Torque. Maybe it's a lite version or maybe some ads or something, I haven't tried the free version.

At one time I was moving apps around plus deleting some. I removed my Torque Pro app by mistake, so when I went to go get it again I thought I was going to pay again but it didn't charge me.

Looks like Torque Pro is $4.95.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

Originally Posted By: StevieC
This is the one I have that I use with Torque. I also have access to a proper Scan tool with manufacturer code specific access that was $2200 thanks to my dad but this is nice to have in the glove box in case.

Ali-Express - Torque Compatible ODB-II Adapter

Did everything seem to be compatible and work OK? Torque had a warning about cheap OBDII adapters, making it sound like some like you have might not be very compatible with these Apps.

Your absolutely best bet for your Foscan is a Windows laptop or tablet: much, much better functionality.
Lite version costs a little money and is crippled compared to the 'full' version.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: StevieC
This is the one I have that I use with Torque. I also have access to a proper Scan tool with manufacturer code specific access that was $2200 thanks to my dad but this is nice to have in the glove box in case.

Ali-Express - Torque Compatible ODB-II Adapter

Did everything seem to be compatible and work OK? Torque had a warning about cheap OBDII adapters, making it sound like some like you have might not be very compatible with these Apps.

Works great and even with the Forscan app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back