who's in the right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on Facebook... 2,3,1.

One of the comments was if it was L.A. then they all think they have the right of way and there will be shots fired.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Saw this on Facebook... 2,3,1.

One of the comments was if it was L.A. then they all think they have the right of way and there will be shots fired.
lol.gif

lol

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Dont 1 and 2 have yield signs?

2 has a yield sign and 1 has a different sign. Looks like a fork in the road sign which may be further down the road.

The drawing doesn't make much sense. Whatever the sign is that car 2 has just passed is not at the corner, so it doesn't affect who would yield at the intersection. The road that car 1 is on has a single white line like a one-way street, in which case car 3 is about to go the wrong way. Anywhere there is a significant intersection there is no passing, though the lines on the other road are for passing zones.

Originally Posted By: mk378
The drawing doesn't make much sense. Whatever the sign is that car 2 has just passed is not at the corner, so it doesn't affect who would yield at the intersection. The road that car 1 is on has a single white line like a one-way street, in which case car 3 is about to go the wrong way. Anywhere there is a significant intersection there is no passing, though the lines on the other road are for passing zones.

A single white line doesnt make it a one way. 2,3,1 is right.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Dont 1 and 2 have yield signs?

2 has a yield sign and 1 has a different sign. Looks like a fork in the road sign which may be further down the road.

That's not a standard North American yield sign, which would have one point going down. 1 looks like a yield sign. There's not enough detail, but a triangular sign with one point up is typically indicating something like traffic directions, merging lanes, or a 3-way intersection.

I actually have an odd 3-way T intersection near my house. It's also kind of odd because there's a wide circular cutout. No stop signs and all the rules seem to go away when one driver can just force his will or get there a shade earlier and dare another driver to insist on there being rules.

2-3-1

My logic. Car 2 going straight, easy. Car 3 should "claim the intersection", ie. be in position to turn after 2 clears, leaving no doubt for car 1 who moves next. The issue comes when 3 for whatever reason doesn't move into position, claim the intersection and leaves car 1 in doubt.

But what I learned in Drivers Ed decades ago always goes through my head with questions of right of way. Right of way is something you never have but can always yield for safety.

The sign near two is a pedestrian crossing sign or playground zone sign. The black squiggle is a stick man.

2,3,1. The yield sign means yield to all others. Straight through, then left turn,then yield.

Last edited:
I don't understand why this is even something to discuss or debate. What am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back