Feedback on Mazda CX-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just helped my daughter buy a 2017 AWD Touring w/sunroof, stereo package. Got a great deal. I've never been in a bad driving Mazda. Looks good. Great interior. Anyone have any issues with ownership, driving it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Just helped my daughter buy a 2017 AWD Touring w/sunroof, stereo package. Got a great deal. I've never been in a bad driving Mazda. Looks good. Great interior. Anyone have any issues with ownership, driving it?

My stepdaughter has a 1994 Mazada Protoza 254K still getting down the road.

The only "bad" thing I've heard is that its small inside as its based on the Mazda2, not the Mazda3. So if that's fine then it should be a good car.

My daughter has a 2017 6 and with just over 10K miles really likes the car. So far, no problems. Even all the little stuff still works and this is a top of the line model with all kinds of "stuff".

Mazdas are solid. Considering a CX-5 myself. Didn't drive the CX-3 since my head was on the ceiling but the quality seemed on par with their other offerings.

Mazdas are all around great cars and you definitely get a lot for your money.

I'm also thinking about a CX-5 to replace an Accord.

Patiently awaiting all the rust comments....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
The only "bad" thing I've heard is that its small inside as its based on the Mazda2, not the Mazda3. So if that's fine then it should be a good car.
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Mazdas are solid. Considering a CX-5 myself. Didn't drive the CX-3 since my head was on the ceiling but the quality seemed on par with their other offerings.

I'm 6'-5" 300 lbs and I fit in the car fine. Apparently it is not widely known by salesmen and some owners but the manually adjusted seat does have a height adjustment. My daughter wanted a small car and it's definitely smaller than the 5 but she really likes it after driving a big four door Chrysler product for 9 years.

When you put the trans in manual and "sport" it's actually kind of fun to drive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Patiently awaiting all the rust comments....
smile.gif

Now that you mention that, it's rare to see older, high mileage Mazdas in my area because of this.

Daughter bought a '15 CX-5 in 11/14 and at 30k it's been a solid trouble free car. Not sure about the Zoom-Zoom bit, there's not enough difference in driving dynamics between it and our '14 RAV4 to tell them apart. CX-3 should be a great car.

If all goes according to plan I will purchase a CX-5 late next week. Mazda is on top of their game right now. I cannot think of any downside to the CX-3. If you have the AWD, it is considered to be a top notch system, as good as any of them including Subaru.

I like the cx-3 and cx-5.

I need to test drive one and see if I want to purchase one myself.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
If all goes according to plan I will purchase a CX-5 late next week. Mazda is on top of their game right now. I cannot think of any downside to the CX-3. If you have the AWD, it is considered to be a top notch system, as good as any of them including Subaru.

Good luck with your purchase. They are really dealing on ‘17s. We ended up $3800 below MSRP before tax and title. Also got the $199 doc fee waived as a repeat customer. Let’s us know how it goes.

Last edited:
I’ve sat in them at auto shows. Couldn’t believe how small the backseat is. Unless you need AWD, the Mazda 3 hatch seems to be clearly superior in nearly every way.

Originally Posted By: E365
I’ve sat in them at auto shows. Couldn’t believe how small the backseat is. Unless you need AWD, the Mazda 3 hatch seems to be clearly superior in nearly every way.

The CX-3 is built off of the Mazda 2 platform, so yes, a small back seat is part of the chassis.
You want bigger, buy something bigger. Practically the same money to get a Mazda 3, Mazda 6, or CX-5.

BC.

We looked at the cx-3 in 2016 liked it except for one exception. The rear seat was completely uncomfortable for any adult. Headrest made you sit in a c fashion. Perhaps they corrected this in the 2017-18.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: miden851
I like everything about Mazda these days but the residual value...

Try driving a Hyundai/Kia.
lol.gif

Old thread. I saw this video and was impressed again with the AWD of the CX-3/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back