For fun- If you could turn back time--

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could turn back time: I would have enrolled in a trade school, HVAC or Electrician courses and gone on from there...always a huge demand for HVAC and Electricans..imho. O--and never left Pensacola fl....................

Last edited:
I would buy a Harley Davidson and join an outlaw biker gang that's manufacturing and distributing Meth....

little do they know I'm undercover working a joint law enforcement task force with the FBI, ATF and DEA.

I would look similar to Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I would buy a Harley Davidson and join an outlaw biker gang that's manufacturing and distributing Meth....

little do they know I'm undercover working a joint law enforcement task force with the FBI, ATF and DEA.

I would look similar to Dog the Bounty Hunter.
lol

Option 1: pursue baseball, which I failed to do in high school. I was very good before that.

Option 2: if I wasn't good enough for Option 1, join the Army as a helicopter pilot upon high school graduation. I'd be of the "Blackhawk Down" generation of pilots, and would have retired at 37!

I would have grown long hair ala David Lee Roth during his Van Halen years. Now I have little hair to grow.

I would never have moved to Illinois.

I thought this was a Cher fan thread
smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Option 1: pursue baseball, which I failed to do in high school. I was very good before that.

Option 2: if I wasn't good enough for Option 1, join the Army as a helicopter pilot upon high school graduation. I'd be of the "Blackhawk Down" generation of pilots, and would have retired at 37!

Haha, I have a similar "wish I did" list

I wish my buddy from middle school and I went to the same high school, cause we were competitive in a brotherly sense. We probably could have pushed one another to at least a Division III school to play football. I was a QB that played like Steve Young, short but mobile, and he could have been a safety like John Lynch.

If that didn't pan out, I would have pursued the Air Force. Had good a good AFQT score, but didn't realize how valuable that would have been back then. My ASVAB wouldn't have been as strong in mechanical as it would be now though. Plus my knees were of no issue when I was 18 versus now.

Edit: I also wish I spent more time getting certifications instead of taking classes to a never-ending AS degree I have been pursuing while working and moving. Cert's would have been quicker and yielded more cash, as I am already a hands on type of guy.

Last edited:
I took a technical vocational class in high school and lasted 1 week. The pace was so slow that I was falling asleep and getting in trouble. The first week was spent on Ohm's law.

Some of my friends went into the trades because that's what their father did. I think they're doing quite well today.

Great Scott!

I'm afraid it's pointless though to go back. If you had taken a different route, you would still be sitting here today, reading this thread and saying you would do something different. Human nature.

I have a few things I would have done.

1) I would start a little website called Ebay

2) I would start a little website called Amazon

3) I would start a website called Google

In my spare time I would open up coffee shops all over the US and charge crazy money for coffee. I would also start several energy drink companies..and last but not least put a little gear dohicky on every parts counter and sell my white bottle heavy oil additive.

It would be nice to also stop 9/11 while i was at it.

I've often thought about what I would have done differently. I talk about it with my wife from time to time just for fun.

If I could go back I suppose I would seek a degree in engineering. I've always had a brain for math, science, physics, and how things go together. Two of my best friends in high school did this. One works for Duke power as an electrical engineer and the other works as an engineer in a ship yard in Newport News. Both of those would've suited me as I find both fascinating.

If life had turned out completely different for me, like not marrying my high school sweetheart and not having bad feet/ankles, I would've joined the military. Navy or Air Force. I've always liked the military lifestyle (albeit from an outsider's perspective) and would've loved to see the world that way and retire early. One of my best friends joined the Navy at 18 and will retire at 38. He lived in Hawaii for 5 years and now lives in San Francisco. He's serving aboard the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier.

To be honest, I'm perfectly happy and content the way my life has panned out. I don't make the most money, drive the nicest cars, or have the best house. I do have the greatest wife I could ever ask for, all of my immediate family and most of my distant relatives live within a 50 mile radius of me, I have a decent job with great benefits, I live in the most beautiful place in the world, I have seen all but about 5 states at 29 years old, and I know where I stand with my Creator and Savior. All in all, I wouldn't change a thing.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Great Scott!

I'm afraid it's pointless though to go back. If you had taken a different route, you would still be sitting here today, reading this thread and saying you would do something different. Human nature.

True, but perhaps our wishes could help someone walking aimlessly find a path to follow. Or completely ignore, and end up right where we are today.

Oh the human condition.. lol

Originally Posted By: beanoil
If you had taken a different route, you would still be sitting here today, reading this thread and saying you would do something different. Human nature.

NO. I would have made some smart choices rather than the wrong ones.

Originally Posted By: THafeez
21 here. Any advice for someone my age?
Enjoy your youth while you can, make smart decisions you can be proud of and save for tomorrow.
wink.gif

I'd take advantage of my "head start" on education and graduate college by the age of 19 or 20, sell drugs while in school, to build capital for when the market crashed. Life would definitely be different.

Would have bet "properly" on a multitude of Super Bowls and other sporting events.
Take winnings buy Apple, Microsoft and then Google stocks(and Ford when it was a buck a share)
Continue car collecting.
There is a saying(among several) that racing has "rich guys, fast guys, and idiots" I would be happy with one out of three of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back