Fram orange can with silicone ADBV seen yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering the same thing... I saw new boxes for the Fram orange cans.. The ADBV was black in color to my eye.

Jay, thank you for posting in this thread. I appreciate your help with this matter. Makes sense that it will take awhile to implement.

Yep. I think Purolator only serves beanie weenies though... I'll pass
smile.gif

I will make my own dinner... 1 pound Ribeye seasoned with fresh black pepper, sea salt, blackened Cajun seasoning, Lea and Perrin's, garlic flakes, then green beans slow cooked with better than bullion and onion flakes added in, fresh white sweet corn off my grill using Kingsford and hickory chunks. Hope you are doing good demarpaint. Always good to see you on here man.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Look out Purolator they're continuing to eat your lunch, and now dinner too.......

thumbsup2.gif
Yeah, FRAM continues to step it up and improve their line of filters (increasing the Ultra filter to 20K miles, changing the EG ADBV from nitrile to silicone, etc ... and being very responsive to their customers).

Will we see a price increase with this though?
If the price stays the same (which it looks like has gone up ~$0.25 on walmart.com) it puts teh ExtraGuard where it should be price wise. I always felt the basic orange can was overpriced, but now with blended media and now a silicone ADV, that price is more in line.

My question to Jay is what is up with the "New" toughguard. What is the difference between the old an new to justify a price increase.
Also, what is the difference between the ExtraGuard and ToughGuard now?
Both will have silicone ADV valves. Both now have blended media. Both still have fiber endcaps.
Does the TG just have a better blended media to get the 99% filtration over the still 95% of the ExtraGuard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back