Getting tired of telemarketing scams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been getting lots of calls lately that appear to be from a local number and a person per the caller I. D. Then I answer and it is telemarketers!

This is ridiculous!

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Been getting lots of calls lately that appear to be from a local number and a person per the caller I. D. Then I answer and it is telemarketers!

This is ridiculous!

Be imaginative it won't take long to get them to hang up trust me.

I just don't answer any number I don't know. If it's important they can leave a message.

I've been getting the IRS scam calls almost daily, sometimes more than once a day. They claim they're from the IRS and have a warrant for your arrest. Been ignoring those for a while now and so far no black Suburbans have showed up at my door.
smile.gif

There's got to be a profit in this annoying business. It just does not go away.

It's got to be a great conversation starter when someone is asked what they do for a living. Oh, I [censored] people off with a telephone.

Like KDOAXS I don't answer unknown numbers and if I'm feeling ambitious I block them.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
I just don't answer any number I don't know. If it's important they can leave a message.

+1

Amazon sells a wonderful device called a call sentry. Cost about 35 dollars. Callers hear a recorded message that this number does not accept telemarketing calls and to press zero to connect. Dialers are blocked because they have no way to press zero .

This is a better invention than flush toilets and antibiotics. :)

The scammers can spoof or fake any phone number on caller ID. This is illegal but no one in government cares. One day my home number came up on the box :)

I find that Telemarketers will spoof part of your phone number in their number.

Eg: Your number is: 555-555-1234. They will show up as 555-555-8878

I'm really surprised that they haven't started mass texting everyone with their [censored]. I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later, though.

As far as the calls.. if I have time I answer them and go through with the scam. You'll end up connected to a call center in India. Don't give them any info, but take your sweet time when you get a person on the line and troll them along with fake answers. I've had them get incredibly [censored] at me for doing this because their entire game is quantity. If they have to waste 30 minutes with you and not meet their quota, then it really [censored] them off.

I've been getting the IRS scam calls almost daily, sometimes more than once a day. They claim they're from the IRS and have a warrant for your arrest. Been ignoring those for a while now and so far no black Suburbans have showed up at my door.
smile.gif

Still? They shut down a couple call centers in India that were doing it and arrested the people running it. But I suppose a few of those call center workers could have branched out and started up their own firm.

Maybe it's really the IRS and if we don't hear from you, we'll know what happened.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

+1

Works for me, now I never have to talk on the phone! LOL

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I find that Telemarketers will spoof part of your phone number in their number.

Eg: Your number is: 555-555-1234. They will show up as 555-555-8878

Yes, it's been terrible lately. You know not to answer it but you can't block it because they just change it by another digit.

I don't answer and look the number up on the internet. 99 percent of the time people report it as a scam. I was just thinking the other day that the phone only rings if its it's a telemarketer.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Been lucky so far....very little scam calls.

They must not like me...
smile.gif

I get two or three a day.

I get a few a week, if it gets any worse I’m going to think of something creative to say if it’s an actual person on the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back