Student Loan Scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
Office of Financial Aid: Student Loan Scam Calls
Borrowers have reported receiving phone calls, emails, letters, and/or texts offering them relief from their federal student loans, telling them to consolidate and/or warning them that student loan forgiveness programs would end soon. Usually, the so-called student loan debt relief companies offering these types of services don’t offer any relief at all. Often they’re just fraudsters who are after your money. Beware, you never have to pay for help with student loans. Make sure you understand which companies and claims are legitimate.

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/avoiding-loan-scams

The scam is letting people borrow that much money for worthless majors that can't pan out.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
The scam is letting people borrow that much money for worthless majors that can't pan out.

The scammers are the so called colleges who keep taking the $$$ from these poor folks.

Last few months I was pleasantly surprised to meet females in the 20s who avoided college and went to for welding other non-traditional trades.

The scam is our lawmakers who designed a system like that because the banks funded their election campaigns.

Education field is no different than Walmart,.... they are in business to offer a service (some highly questionable degree majors) and to turn a profit.

I don't feel sorry for idiots with a Mickey Mouse degree and complain they have no job prospects.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I don't feel sorry for idiots with a Mickey Mouse degree and complain they have no job prospects.

What's worse is someone with a law degree that uses that to become a blood sucking attorney that bills their clients $500/hour. No wonder no one likes them.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

What's worse is someone with a law degree that uses that to become a blood sucking attorney that bills their clients $500/hour. No wonder no one likes them.
smile.gif

I used to work in a large law firm years ago. The first year attorneys used to bill out at around $200+ an hour, but the partners were up to 1000+ per hour. Most of those clients were corporate though so they were happy to pay it. It's probably even higher now.

My sister bills $500 an hour as a lawyer, $450 if she feels sorry for client...

Not everyone that becomes a lawyer will make big money. Lots of idiot law grads now trying to sue their school and feel taken advantage of with false claims of 'starting wages' of their law grads.

Tons of kids dreamed of big $$$$ and now only have a piece of paper to show for. My sister does hire new law grads at $30 an hour, for 20 hours a week. She definitely runs them like rented mules and they don't last 6 months working for her.

She definitely runs them like rented mules and they don't last 6 months working for her.

Sounds like a real sweet heart. I bet she doesn't get much business unless she's dealing with drug dealers and other types of criminals.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B

The scam is our lawmakers who designed a system like that because the banks funded their election campaigns.

Do you notice how tuitions keep going up as the government GUARANTEES the loans.....the government is now doing the same thing to health care....

How else do you think they can afford to build those football stadiums and pay millions to the football coaches while the professors eke by on food stamps.

How else do you think they can afford to build those football stadiums and pay millions to the football coaches while the professors eke by on food stamps.

Gee that's one I haven't heard them whining about yet, at least not here in Wisconsin. It's a good one so I wonder how it got missed?

I'll have to send that in so they can add it to their repertoire come budget time.

https://www.indeed.com/salaries/Adjunct-Faculty-Salaries,-Wisconsin

the paid time is only when they teach. All other teaching related time is unpaid.

The real scam is spending $100k or more for a university degree and be unable to spell properly or use grammar correctly. However, they have been socially indoctrinated.

Disclosure; I did not go to college.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
The real scam is spending $100k or more for a university degree and be unable to spell properly or use grammar correctly. However, they have been socially indoctrinated.

Disclosure; I did not go to college.

The old engineering joke use to go like this: "4 years ago, I couldn't spell engineer. Today I is engineer."

But if you got an engineering degree, the jobs were pretty good.

What better way to keep the bearded wonder "professors" happy than to give them pay raises funded by tuition increases because "the kids can borrow it".

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

smile.gif

People who think they are smarter than professionals hate those professionals UNTIL their stupidity gets them into trouble. Then they can't get to the office quickly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back