Mattress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Douglas mattress (Canadian version of the Novos Bed). Just bought it about 90 days ago. Super happy with it. Couldn't believe they could fit a king size in such a small box and then it expanded like crazy when I cut the bag open.

I would highly recommend Novos Bed and they have a 100 day satisfaction no questions guarantee.

It has done wonders for my bad back in such a short time.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
I bought a Douglas mattress (Canadian version of the Novos Bed). Just bought it about 90 days ago. Super happy with it. Couldn't believe they could fit a king size in such a small box and then it expanded like crazy when I cut the bag open.

I would highly recommend Novos Bed and they have a 100 day satisfaction no questions guarantee.

It has done wonders for my bad back in such a short time.
smile.gif

yeah they squish them into a pretty small box. imagine trying to return it
crazy.gif

They arrange for furniture movers to pick them up and donate them to a local charity because of the return laws on Mattresses. (Here anyways)

We got a "Yoga Bed" about a year and a half ago. Pretty happy with it. Wouldn't mind if it was a hair softer, but feels pretty nice. Their customer service was absolutely superb, however. The first mattress they sent us was about 1.5 inches short on "standard" measurements. I asked them about it in an email (not in a complaining way), and next thing I know, they had sent me a replacement mattress for free and had found a local charity that came and picked up the old one.

I tried a Leesa [foam] out in the store and didn't care for it... too soft for my tastes. I've always slept on firm innerspring mattresses. However I do want to try one of the hybrid mattresses.... Sapira, Nest Alexander Hybrid or Saatva.

We laid on a Beautyrest Black Hybrid at Mattresses Firm that we both liked, but it was $5k for a king.

I bought a Spa Sensation 12" full from walmart for $250. same bed in a box deal. it is comfortable but it smells like rubber for quite some time. I'd say a few weeks before its done airing out.

We let it air out for two days. I could smell it through out the house. I wasn't overpowering strong but it was a chemical smell that was annoying.

There is a sheet that stated the sheet passed the "sniff" test with the government so it should not present a health hazard bit is is a consecration.

I bought one for my guest bedroom off Amazon. My daughter and son-in-law LOVE it. Everybody who has used it has loved it actually.

I spent several weeks looking into this. Read product reviews/ratings and manufacturer claims. Ultimately it's almost a no-lose proposition with the generous warranty that many of these online companies offer. I narrowed it down to Helix and Luxi and ended up going with the Luxi and have been quite pleased. The top layer can be flipped to provide a soft feel and the standard configuration is medium-firm. I've found that I do best with a softer mattress and the Luxi has been very good.

Tonight I pulled the trigger on a Zinus Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress in Cal King.

The total price with CA recycle fee ($11.00) and tax ($40.95) came to $471.95.
No, do I let it air out for 24 hours before use?
I think I'm going to put it on top of my existing boxspring to keep the height the same as before.

I liked the fact that this mattress is CertiPUR-US certified. Other manufacturers use fillers of unknown sources and skate around the issue when asked. One stated that the cert meant nothing. That was the end of my interest in their products. Several others have issues with materials but because of the lawsuits popping up around foam mattresses, you'll have to do your own research. It's getting crazy in this business. Evidently, there's a lot of shaking going on.

I sold Tempur-Pedic back in the day when they were the only one in the market. Customers either loved or hated them, there was no in between. I found the mattress incredibly hot and never got one even with an employee discount available.

Has this been cured for "hot" sleepers that sweat in their sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back