Male breast cancer awareness week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15-21 is male breast cancer awareness week in several states this year. 2000 men a yr are diagnosed with MBC in the US, 17K world wide. 400 men a yr die of MBC in the US. The reason for the 20% mortality rate is mainly due the cancer metastasizing before being diagnosed. It is due to luck that I was diagnosed early on. A cursory breast exam should be a part of every physical exam. Guys, if you discover a lump or one of your nipples inverts,get to a doctor and get it checked out. Caught early, men do well with with treatment. Stage IV,its a battle with a more uncertain outcome.

eek.gif

I never knew this existed.

Just had a scare myself. Turned out to be fibrous tissue and I have to have it removed. Doesn't surprise me because there is breast cancer like crazy on my mom's side and on my dad's side numerous cancers but primarily prostate.

Go get checked.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Is this more prevalent among men with man boobs?

If you mean men with genuine gynecomastia (hormone imbalance and excess breast tissue), yes, it's a big risk factor for them. Some people call obese people with adipose tissue there "man boobs" and it's not the same thing.

Men have the same breast structure. It just doesn't get turned on during puberty as it does in women.

I didn't know men could get it until the point of discovery either. I spent some time searching for groups back in '09. Now there is a forum of fat old men with some gnarly group shots of chest pics. Another excuse to hang out together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back