FP Plus and catalytic converters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if there's anything in FP Plus that might conceivably affect the long-term health of a catalytic converter? Even if the effect seems likely to be insignificant?

My car inherently loads its catalytic converter pretty heavily, and its high fuel consumption also means anything in fuel can have a large impact in the long run even if it wouldn't be a big deal in other cars.

I also asked Lube Control but have only received a generic response so far; if they say anything they're willing to let me share, I'll post it here.

Id have my doubts. Heavy metals and sulfur are typical catalyst poisons, and Id have my doubts that FP contains such items. Elevated hydrocarbons could foul the converter, but could also maintain higher temperatures that enhance activity.

Id be more concerned about "inherently" loading the converter over the long run as a means of damage, compared to a minor FP dose.

I used FP-Plus almost exclusively in my Santa Fe under the advice of Terry Dyson and it still had the original converters when it went to the scrap yard with 300K Miles (535,000 KM).

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Anyone know if there's anything in FP Plus that might conceivably affect the long-term health of a catalytic converter? Even if the effect seems likely to be insignificant?

I also asked Lube Control but have only received a generic response so far; if they say anything they're willing to let me share, I'll post it here.

There is nothing in FP Plus that will harm a catalytic converter.

It contains mostly fuel system cleaners, with one cleaner being a bio-derived ester.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back