Mouseblocker Pro for mice in cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that it will be close to $1000 to deal with mouse chewing in the Crosstrek I decided to buy a Mouseblocker Pro. Its an ultrasonic device. I have a few of those plug in ultrasonic devices in my house and not sure they do much.

But this is for 12V for a car. It has 3 power levels.

I connected it to a jump battery pack I have while watching TV. In the low mode my daughter said it hurt her ears, worse in medium and at high I could hear it. Daughter could not take the sound.

The difference (between this and the ones for your house) is this is designed to go on when the car is off (and assume no one in the car) so this can really be powerful. Do not need to worry about it effecting people or pets.

So blast away and scatter the mouses.

I have also use a dropper to put some drops of peppermint oil on cabin air filter.

A young woman repellant?

Havn't needed one of those in a looong time.

My last car had rats. They keep the mice well away.

Last edited:
Nothing seems to work but the good ole $2 Victor wooden mouse trap and peanut butter stated around the perimeter of the building and car in storage.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
A young woman repellant?

Havn't needed one of those in a looong time.

My last car had rats. They keep the mice well away.

Maybe you could leave a pet cobra in your car?
Well, then you'd have to worry about a mongoose infestation...

Originally Posted By: Donald
Do not need to worry about it effecting people or pets.

Why would that be? If mice can't stand it, I'd expect dogs and cats would react the same way. Young dogs have unusually good hearing; one of my dogs became quite deaf as she got older so I don't suppose she would have minded it.

On a more general note (yes, pun was intended) I wouldn't immediately dismiss the idea that we might be bothered by sounds we can't hear. It might have quite subtle effects, anxiety and blood pressure changes are 2 I'd immediately look for. But you'd have to do some fairly large "double blind" studies to find out.

[Double blind means that neither the subject nor the investigator knows whether a given "inaudible sound source" is real or fake. The placebo/nocebo effect is very large, maybe 15%. That's right, as much as 15% of the population feel much better on sugar pills, and a similar percent get all sorts of symptoms from sugar pills.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back