Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomioka

$104 Site Donor 2024
Version 1709 has dropped so slam that windows update button, download the new .iso or defer the update if you deem so.

Originally Posted By: Killer223
i'm still running Linux!!!

Earlier I downloaded the .iso and moved one of my last machines off Linux, you can keep that joke of an os!

I'm still reading forums trying to figure out how to fix [censored] that doesn't work in it or that I don't know how to do.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dishdude

Earlier I downloaded the .iso and moved one of my last machines off Linux, you can keep that joke of an os!

Linux people really are the vegans of the PC world.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
im still running Windows 98

I am running Linux 98 (percent of the time).
smile.gif

I guess I will boot my Windows 10 machine to update, then put her to sleep until next update.
whistle.gif

I got them all.
Was working a MS-DOS box the other day with Novell on it. Hate load and bind statements. Down to my last spare NOS IDE drive.
I'm on Elementary currently for this post, nice GUI.
I ran a CentOS music server for a bit. I have another music box, storage, player on Win 8.
Lovely spouse on Win 10. Got a droid tablet.
No favorites here, just a lot of various bits and bytes thrown about. Windows and Linux have become so close anymore as far as operation and feel. Linux still wins the price war though.

Work=Windows Play=Linux

Mostly only able to clock in and out on the Windows 10 computer at work and have 7 and XP to run Office.

My copy of Windows 10 was free, so price is not the issue. Everything has it's proper place.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
I got them all.
Was working a MS-DOS box the other day with Novell on it. Hate load and bind statements. Down to my last spare NOS IDE drive.
I'm on Elementary currently for this post, nice GUI.
I ran a CentOS music server for a bit. I have another music box, storage, player on Win 8.
Lovely spouse on Win 10. Got a droid tablet.
No favorites here, just a lot of various bits and bytes thrown about. Windows and Linux have become so close anymore as far as operation and feel. Linux still wins the price war though.

Wow, someone still running Netware. I liked the 2.0 days when if someone was still logged in as supervisor, you could just see their password. They used to be rock solid, you'd run into servers that had been running for 1000+ days.

Me too, and the more chances I give Windows the less I like it.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Me too, and the more chances I give Windows the less I like it.

Check. Unfortunately the same applies to Linux.

At the moment my best option is looking like backgrading my Windows 10 machine to Windows 7, if it'll let me.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
im still running Windows 98
Best boot disk floppy ever!!!

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Originally Posted By: dishdude

Linux people really are the vegans of the PC world.

So our computers are healthier?

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Im still running 1511, lol.

That was going to go EOL last week but they bumped it by a few more months. I would suggest updating to a newer build as soon as you can. You are missing out on a lot of nice tweaks that were introduced in 1607 and 1703.

Was going to do my own thread on Creator update experiences, but in short it's been a thorn in my side. Caused my CPU fans to run wide open during and occasionally since update, which never happened before update. Also changed typing font used which I don't like and apparently can't be change without some third party software, I won't use.

Things like fans seemed to have settled down and I'm getting used to font. But currently can't see benefits for all the installation hassles and changes.

Just updated my computer at home remotely from work. Interested to read the "changes" in the Edge window that popped open after the update.

What did Micro**** break now?

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back