Road construction - how long does it go on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only am I not seeing a wrapping up of the current road construction projects, they are still beginning new ones. I thought they were supposed to be done with these projects by now. After all, it could start snowing any day now. Road construction is annoying enough without dragging the season out as long as possible...I know its a necessary evil, but let's wrap it up guys...

You must have been on the Ohio Turnpike recently.
smile.gif

Many hardly even slow down except for me it seems. Slow down to 55 in a 50 work zone while others are going 75+. Not fun.

Last edited:
I don't know how you folks who live in warm climates deal with it year around...

You're telling me it is supposed to finish at some point and not go on for entire lifetimes? That's not how we do road construction here in the great garden state.
confused.gif

In Pennsylvania, they are always working on the turnpike. They start at one end and work towards the other end of the state. Then turn around and head back in a neverending cycle.

People complain when there’s construction, and then people complain when there isn’t construction and there’s pot holes and rough roads.

Can’t win sometimes.

Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist
You're telling me it is supposed to finish at some point and not go on for entire lifetimes? That's not how we do road construction here in the great garden state.
confused.gif

I've never seen them having ongoing projects during the winter months...I don't even know how that would work...how would pavement even setup during the cold?

We have two seasons in Toronto. Winter and Construction. We also have 2 periods of rush hour. All day and all night. I feel your pain.

It is the same everywhere. Atlanta Ga has been under road construction since 1960.......interstates .

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
It is the same everywhere. Atlanta Ga has been under road construction since 1960.......interstates .

I'm sure it's even worse with all the Zombies and Rick/Negan tearing it up.
lol.gif

I love when there's road construction, and then the massive dump trucks used to haul material in and out end up using surrounding roads and then tears up THOSE roads, making it necessary for the local govt to pay that company to fix more roads.

It's almost like a vicious cycle...

Traveling all over this country, I've seen road construction year round, even in areas with Winter conditions.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
People complain when there’s construction, and then people complain when there isn’t construction and there’s pot holes and rough roads.

Can’t win sometimes.

This

BIL works for a big paving company and wouldn't you know it, it's the state DOT dragging their feet with paper or money. We've had them tear a road up in spring then wait for Oct 1 (new fiscal year) to lay new asphalt. October isn't the best/ warmest time to do that, either.

Depends on what state you're in-KY contractors can completely redo an entire interstate in CONCRETE in one summer, but in OH it drags on forever, usually done in asphalt, so we can pay to do it again in a couple years!
crazy.gif

Last edited:
It's like painting the Golden State bridge.
By the time they get finished, it is time to start over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back