Castrol GTX High Mileage 25W-60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an interesting oil I have never heard of. PDS is from earlier this year.

https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/B52A619A2C0557D9802580D6007974CF/$File/BPXE-AK46KS.pdf

It's for oil burning engines.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
If its too thick, you can thin it down with some stp. LOL.

Now I know why batteries have large CCA capacities...

It's for turning over engines with this oil in the winter.
lol.gif

Here in Mexico 20W-50 or 25W-60 are quite common oils.

I see that as huge difference when compared to the US which tends to use thinner viscosities and more modern oils.

I actually in the past have used this Castrol oil during winter in Mexico with temps down to 0 degrees Celsius and had no issues to start the car.

After joining BITOG i have moved on to something more like 5W-30 or 0W-40 synthetic.

Synthetic oils are slowly becoming more know in Mexico still the vast majority are still using 20W-50 Dino.

Originally Posted By: knoas
Here in Mexico 20W-50 or 25W-60 are quite common oils.

I see that as huge difference when compared to the US which tends to use thinner viscosities and more modern oils.

I actually in the past have used this Castrol oil during winter in Mexico with temps down to 0 degrees Celsius and had no issues to start the car.

After joining BITOG i have moved on to something more like 5W-30 or 0W-40 synthetic.

Synthetic oils are slowly becoming more know in Mexico still the vast majority are still using 20W-50 Dino.

25WXX is tested for cold cranking at -10C (14F), so you should be golden with it way up at 0C!

Data sheet is broken...there's no way that the HTS is only 4.1.

Yep, I've used 25W70 through winter here (down to 18F) to prove that "nothing blew up" to BITOG back in the day...little did I know that was to become a new performance standard.

I'm using this one...

https://www.nulon.com.au/images/files/productbulletins/PB-ST25W60.pdf

Essentially as a VII free "additive"...pours out heavy, but not like STP and the like.

I have never seen this product for sale in the USA. Where would one source this? I ask because I have a neighbor that has an application for something like this (Nulon as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back