SimpleTire is now #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tyrepress.com/2017/10/simpletire-com-americas-2nd-largest-tyre-etailer-in-just-5-years/

Quote:
...Just a few years later and SimpleTire.com has been ranked as the second largest online tyre retailer in the United States, with only well-known TireRack.com operation ahead of it. What differentiates SimpleTire from other online tyre businesses that generally focus on car tyres and sometimes branch out into one other area, is that their business is not limited to selling just passenger and light truck categories. Instead the operation extends to products across tyre categories including: commercial, agricultural, OTR, industrial, ATV, and even vintage tyres.

This means that SimpleTire sells from range of 50 million tyres across 300 brands from more than 2000 suppliers via 10,000 installers….

Quote:
Instead the operation extends to products across tyre categories including: commercial, agricultural, OTR, industrial, ATV, and even vintage tyres.

Surprised they don't include motorcycle tires.

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
http://www.tyrepress.com/2017/10/simpletire-com-americas-2nd-largest-tyre-etailer-in-just-5-years/

Quote:
...Just a few years later and SimpleTire.com has been ranked as the second largest online tyre retailer in the United States, with only well-known TireRack.com operation ahead of it. What differentiates SimpleTire from other online tyre businesses that generally focus on car tyres and sometimes branch out into one other area, is that their business is not limited to selling just passenger and light truck categories. Instead the operation extends to products across tyre categories including: commercial, agricultural, OTR, industrial, ATV, and even vintage tyres.

This means that SimpleTire sells from range of 50 million tyres across 300 brands from more than 2000 suppliers via 10,000 installers….
Why is tire spelled two different ways in this post ^?

Why is tire spelled two different ways in this post?

a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds Emerson
grin2.gif

Last edited:
If they're so big, why have I never heard of them? Is this some other company DBA?

Ive bought plenty of online tires from tire rack, tread depot and even Mavis. DT Ive shopped but never had a compelling deal. Never heard of these guys.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Why is tire spelled two different ways in this post ^?

I think it's only spelled tire in company names or URLs. The author's text seems to use tyre consistently.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
How does Tire Rack manage to be #1??? I was expecting DTD to have that spot.

Im guessing the ranking is for online companies only.

DTD is probably being lumped with DT brick and mortar, so possibly excluded from this list.

Who? This outfit sounds similar to TireBuyer.com, their shipping free to a certified installer only.

From their website info:

"Shipping to your personal mechanic doesn’t qualify for our BEST shipping rate, but you’ll receive a better rate than shipping to your home or office."

"Ship to home if you don’t mind slightly higher shipping rates and getting your hands dirty."

https://simpletire.com/tire-shipping-and-installation

Doesn't really make clear if shipping to certified installer free. Like to see price comparisons to TR and DTD on same tires.

Also, terms such as "largest" are meaningless without context.

Total number of tires sold (or tires and tyres.)

Total dollar volume of sales.

Total number of warehouses.

What does largest even mean?

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Who? This outfit sounds similar to TireBuyer.com, their shipping free to a certified installer only.

I have major issues with tirebuyer's parent company American Tire Distributors. They are one of our vendors and they have had a string of reps that visit us and cause all sorts of unnecessary drama. One of their reps pushed me off my computer at work and started deleting my bookmarks for their competitors. Their current rep goes out of his way to disrespect myself and the other parts guy that works back counter. Apparently he doesn't realize we do the majority of the ordering, which can be tracked by our initials being part of the purchase order. The final straw with him was when he tried to embarrass me in front of my General Manager. Called me a liar when I proved what he was saying wasn't accurate. There is a Facebook page for parts people and I lead a boycott nationwide from all the Ford dealers to protest the way he and their other reps treat the people actually ordering from them.

^^ Yeah, certainly wasn't promoting TireBuyer as not a fan of that tire purchase business model. Just saying that their tire purchase procedure looks similar to topic company. Sometimes the hot links built into bitog now might make it look like some promotion there.

^^ Yeah, certainly wasn't promoting TireBuyer as not a fan of that tire purchase business model. Just saying that their tire purchase procedure looks similar to topic company. Sometimes the hot links built into bitog now might make it look like some promotion there.

Sorry, went on a OT rant there. If anyone wants, I can PM them some of the stuff the guy did to us. It is interesting how many of these online tire vendors there are.

Comparing an 05 ML500 275/55/17 Michelin Premier tire between Tire Rack and Simple is the same price, $198. Tire rack is running a rebate that covers the shipping though, otherwise they wouldve benn 24$ more. Also, any order from TR Delaware warehouse is always overnight to my shop in NJ, usually I can order at 5 and itll be there the next morning by 10.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

I have major issues with tirebuyer's parent company American Tire Distributors. They are one of our vendors and they have had a string of reps that visit us and cause all sorts of unnecessary drama. One of their reps pushed me off my computer at work and started deleting my bookmarks for their competitors. Their current rep goes out of his way to disrespect myself and the other parts guy that works back counter. Apparently he doesn't realize we do the majority of the ordering, which can be tracked by our initials being part of the purchase order. The final straw with him was when he tried to embarrass me in front of my General Manager. Called me a liar when I proved what he was saying wasn't accurate. There is a Facebook page for parts people and I lead a boycott nationwide from all the Ford dealers to protest the way he and their other reps treat the people actually ordering from them.

I too have major issues with American Tire Distributors/Tirebuyer! As a installer I used to buy many tires from them, clear back to 2005, but apparently I wasn't a big enough customer, so now I never buy tires from them anymore. I could buy them personally off of tirebuyer.com cheaper than I can buy them wholesale, WT....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SR20DE
Simple Tire has lots of video reviews featuring young women going over the specs of each tire. I guess the old adage is true, it sells...

Edit: here's an egregious example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaBJwCB-yDs

She could say the same thing about every single tire they stock and wouldnt be wrong. Not much of a review.....Although Id probably watch every single one haha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back