When does fuel dilution happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen no data but, I think fuel dilution happens at a higher rate with a cold and warming up engine. I suspect this may be the case since UOAs show higher fuel dilution with short trip driving. ED

With Hyundai 2.4L GDI engines - as soon as you push the start button
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Manufacturer's poor control of what's going on in their engines.
wink.gif

Yep the manufacturer's have little control its all gone to government and CAFE. Its time to pull some of this back and take a look at is it really doing us some good or is it just part of the plan to get us out of our cars.

I don't understand why the government keeps attacking car manufacturers for emissions when they are virtually clean and when industry accounts for 70% of global emissions and has far less strict standards.

I don't understand why the government keeps attacking car manufacturers for emissions when they are virtually clean and when industry accounts for 70% of global emissions and has far less strict standards.

Because the common people don't have the lobbyists that big business has.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

Bingo!

Some engines, particularly some direct injection engines, just put more fuel into the oil all the time. But as a general rule, fuel>oil is worst before the engine reaches operating temperature, the mixture leans out, and blow-by goes down because all the engine internals expand.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

You nailed it.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
DI engines do give better economy but at what price?

This is a million dollar question. We should be hearing about lots of engine failures but we don't. Oils are getting better. Obviously a driver that doesn't take good care of their vehicle will have issues but that applies to any engine.

Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
DI engines do give better economy but at what price?

At the cost of an external egr system and two turbo chargers. Atleast I think the egr on the gas engines has external piping and all that like on the diesels now. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting to be slim pickings … like when I traded in one with both … wound up with DI and AFM …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back