225/65R17 - All Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Folks,

It's time to replace the all seasons on the Dodge Journey. As I have winter tires these would really be 3 season tires.

I'm looking for a good quality ride and durability.

What are your suggestions?

General Altimax RT43 on my wife Sienna. Quiet, good wet and dry braking.. low cost. So far wearing well.

The rt43 is a great recommendation. Very comfortable and smooth. We have them on the matrix. They are also very competent in the snow in case you get blindsided by a storm and don't have your winters on the car yet.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
The rt43 is a great recommendation. Very comfortable and smooth. We have them on the matrix. They are also very competent in the snow in case you get blindsided by a storm and don't have your winters on the car yet.

Who is the manufacturer?

Originally Posted By: StevieC

Who is the manufacturer?

General.

They are owned by Continental group.

++10 Probably the best value tire out there with excellent performance. I hope General doesn't take note and raise the prices.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Have a look at the Michelin LTX Premiers. Quiet, great feel on the road. Have had them for about 20,000K on my 2016 KIA Sorento.

I have been a big fan of Michelin in the past but this model of tire you specified got mixed reviews online and my last set of Michelin's on the Santa Fe didn't last and the sidewalls cracked and they were 70,000 mile warranty. I ended up replacing them at 40,000 miles
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: Danno
Have a look at the Michelin LTX Premiers. Quiet, great feel on the road. Have had them for about 20,000K on my 2016 KIA Sorento.

I have been a big fan of Michelin in the past but this model of tire you specified got mixed reviews online and my last set of Michelin's on the Santa Fe didn't last and the sidewalls cracked and they were 70,000 mile warranty. I ended up replacing them at 40,000 miles
frown.gif

Just out of curiosity Steve how many years did you have those on your Santa Fe?

I liked my premiers but you wont find a better value than those general altimax rt43.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Just out of curiosity Steve how many years did you have those on your Santa Fe?

They were just shy of 3 years old and the sidewalls cracked and then just about year 4 is when the treads got really low so I scrapped them out of safety.

Last edited:
We should just go ahead and make a sticky saying the General RT43 is the number 1 recommended tire on BITOG and that Michelins crack. All these "what tire" threads are alike.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
We should just go ahead and make a sticky saying the General RT43 is the number 1 recommended tire on BITOG and that Michelins crack. All these "what tire" threads are alike.

crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

That’s normally my target run so stay away from the hard rubber tires … Michelin tires chip on some of our gravel roads … so I’d rather have sticky rubber for less money knowing it will not last as long. When I think about how many nails I get in the wrong/right place in 40k … I’d never have the same set of four in 80k regardless …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back