F150 shuddering again at speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my 2011 F150 is shuddering again during high speed braking. Worse as pedal application gets stronger. Absent regardless of braking force during non-highway driving. Like, totally smooth unless I'm going 65mph or greater and then its there even with light braking. NO pedal vibration noted at this point, its felt in the truck body mostly.

Wondering about rotors vs a death-wobble scenario. I am running a 2in level with very slightly over sized tires... but they wear even.

I don't know if it's material or design, but I had the same issue on my '12. Only in the front though.

I had the same issue with pulsation, especially when towing my camper or ATV's/Jeep. The dealer replaced my rear axle seals and I had them replace my rear brakes with Motorcraft, but I installed Powerstop up front. I have had no issues at all now. The PS brakes are a bit more (not much more!) than factory, but the performance has been awesome. Break in for the Powerstops is critical. I conducted most of it early in the AM at my youngest's high school parking lot.

Impossible to have death wobble on IFS, at least the normal Jeep definition of it. Sounds like rotors to me, had the same thing in my Liberty. Violently shook the wheel, don't remember much in the pedal, but it was really noticeable to passengers even.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Impossible to have death wobble on IFS, at least the normal Jeep definition of it.

We don't talk about that word!

Definitely not death wobble if you don't have racing stripes in your underpants.

Agreed sounds like a rotor issue in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back