Virgin Bosch Distance Plus D3423 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, found some of the Distance Plus on clearance, but none in my specific size (D3325/3311), but I found some D3423 and D3298 that are oversize for it.
It turns out I was looking it up wrong, and the D3423 does not fit my Scion (Scion is a 3/4-16, the 3423 is 13/16-16). Since I can't return it, figured I would cut it.

Filter:

Date code?:

Louvers don't look that great:

All apart:

Pleat Spacing:

Media removed:

Louvers don't look that bad when taken off and light goes through it:

I have used these in the past on a 4.0 Frontier and no drama at all. Would certainly use again.

Thank you for sharing
smile.gif

Saw some those at the N. Fry Wal-Mart, but wasn't sure what would fit my Pilot. Weren't many left.

Grabbed four at a local WalMart for the girlfriends Jeep Compass.

Checked out two other WalMarts and didn't see a single Bosch DP filter anywhere.

who can tell the difference between this and a mobil 1 filter? Except for the pleats possibly being deeper in the M1-209 I recently cut open, I can't tell....

At that price I could not resist and I purchased one for my 2011 Kia Sportage. The filter seems like it is built like a tank.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SJUMBA
At that price I could not resist and I purchased one for my 2011 Kia Sportage. The filter seems like it is built like a tank.

Yeah, these seem to be solid filters. Just the $11.xx price tag is a major turn off.

Does any other major store even sell these?

Is that media synthetic or a synthetic/cellulose mix like the OCOD?
It certainly doesn't look like a $12 filter.

Originally Posted By: pbm

The D+ is most similar to the M1.

I'm more impressed by how you were able to cut the filter element square all the way around and so cleanly. The can looks like a super clean cut too. What did you use to cut everything ?

Originally Posted By: pbm

It is a blended media.
And no, I would not have spent $11 on one of these, probably why they were clearanced, nobody else would either.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I'm more impressed by how you were able to cut the filter element square all the way around and so cleanly. The can looks like a super clean cut too. What did you use to cut everything ?

I used a filter cutter I got off e-bay to open the can.

Here is the filter cutter I got, a Glennco Filter Cutter that was $43 shipped on e-bay.

Works well, takes maybe a minute to cut open a filter.
Much easier, faster, and cleaner than using a Dremel.
Can easily handle large size filters. The ST6607 size is the smallest size I can open with it.

Decent tool, could be designed a little better (adjusting bolt just presses against the center post, should be threaded through it).
The slot could also be cut to do even smaller filters, but for my needs, it works fine.
If I had to do it again, I would probably spend a little more and get the Longacre cutter, seems a little better design.

For the media, I used a new snap blade type knife, it slices through any media (except wire backed) very easily. One the media is off, the end caps just pull off.

I thought the D+ was a rebranded Boss? Looks like a PureONE with the media shown here as well as the gasket.

Originally Posted By: jongies3
I thought the D+ was a rebranded Boss? Looks like a PureONE with the media shown here as well as the gasket.

I have heard multiple people say they were re-branded PureOne, so that is consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back