2003 7.3 PSD Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W40 CK-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd throw up a UOA of CK-4 on a 200k mile 7.3 PSD. 3,000 mile run, but wanted to get the info up here and get my 5W40 winter fill in. I did about 1,000 miles towing a 27' camper up and down mountains in this run.

I just dropped the oil this afternoon on my new to me 99 F350 and felt guilty with 4k on the oil but was still very clean but without knowing the oil stock in it and will be putting on 6k on the clock next month wanted to get in some Rotella. 76k on the clock now

Last edited:
Its not supposed to be a skin moisturizer.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
is the OP going back to M1 TDT ?

Changing to M1, not going back to it. Usually use Chevron Delo LE 5W40 over the winter. Just used the Mobil 1300 15W40 over the summer because it was cheap. Going to M1 because I got it for $15 a gallon and is 5W40 for the upcoming winter. No particular reason for either brand other than purchase price. I am pleased with the Mobil 1300 performance however. First UOA I've done on this truck and now I have some kind of baseline on how to judge my oil change intervals.

Good UOA; not unexpected on a 7.3L with only 3k miles on the lube.
Typically these engines wear well overall.

With 200k miles on it, it will eventually start leaking oil from various places like the turbo pedestal o-rings, EBPV, oil rail plugs, etc.
But that won't stop it from running!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bioburner
I just dropped the oil this afternoon on my new to me 99 F350 and felt guilty with 4k on the oil but was still very clean but without knowing the oil stock in it and will be putting on 6k on the clock next month wanted to get in some Rotella. 76k on the clock now

I used to have a 2002 F350 4x4 with the 7.3, great motor, ran like a top and was easy to service. I used the MotorCraft 15w40 and the MotorCraft oil filter and purchased both a WM. I changed the oil and filter every 5000 miles while greasing the front end. My oil never looked dirty The good thing about the oil filter was that it was big and easy to get to. I used to punch a small hole into the bottom of the oil filter and let the 2 quarts of oil drain first, making the job much cleaner. Good luck with your 7.3, great motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back