Pro Line #PPL-14459, 5,000 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOGERS
smile.gif

Off of a friends 2013 Hyundai Elantra 4 dr hatchback with just shy of 120,xxx miles on it. Believe 2.0 engine and auto trans also. Looks ok to me and the black goo is either varnish or dunno.

Enjoy the pics and replaced with some M1 5w30 HM I nabbed 2 5quart jugs of from my AAP down street from me. My price was $21~ per jug and they are SL rated and very dusty jugs. Put a FRAM ultra 9688 filter on also.

Thank you for the cut and post
thumbsup2.gif

What oil was in the car before you changed it? what is the intended OCI with the M1 and Fram Ultra?

But AAP has their oil change specials going this month, 5 quarts plus the M1 filter for $30, and you can get the individual quarts with it, which are easier to pour and useful if the engine doesn't take all 5 quarts
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Thank you for the cut and post
thumbsup2.gif

You're very welcome slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

What oil was in the car before you changed it? what is the intended OCI with the M1 and Fram Ultra?

But AAP has their oil change specials going this month, 5 quarts plus the M1 filter for $30, and you can get the individual quarts with it, which are easier to pour and useful if the engine doesn't take all 5 quarts
smile.gif

I used my brother and I's account so $21~ ain't bad and told friend to hold onto receipt for the rebate
smile.gif
. I'm guessing oil in before oil change was SOPUS or dunno. This oil we are going to go 7-8k.

Regarding the M1 filters; I dunno if I trust them so I'll stick with Tough Guards or ULTRA or WIX

Filter looks good, but that's sludge starting to build up. That crud is also starting to park under his valve covers.

Your friend needs to shorten his interval...or, since you're using M1 make it maybe 7500 miles and see how it looks.

Pro Line, a Puro made for PepBoys jobber/value tier filter, looks good at 5k miles. Can't see the baseplate to confirm, but the number would be the correct (not downsized) application. And adbv design on this one fine, ie., no direct pressure from leaf spring on to the inlet holed. No possible indentions or cuts in this application. Made in January of this year.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Pro Line, a Puro made for PepBoys jobber/value tier filter, looks good at 5k miles. Can't see the baseplate to confirm, but the number would be the correct (not downsized) application. And adbv design on this one fine, ie., no direct pressure from leaf spring on to the inlet holed. No possible indentions or cuts in this application. Made in January of this year.

Thanks for c&p.

You're welcome sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Irishman
Thank you, again, for showing us your work and great pictures.

You're very welcome sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Good looking budget filter, thanks for the cut n post car51
thumbsup2.gif

You're welcome Bud_One
smile.gif

These 2L Hyundai/Kia engines are hard on oil. I get some of this black, sooty 'goop' every time I change the oil on my Soul, even if it's a short interval.

The engine don't seem to be sludgers, but they beat the life out of oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back