Turkish Stainless 1911 $440.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have found shooting in a club league is that some of the big things to consider in purchasing a 1911 is the quality of the steel used quality control of the manufacturing and how much play is in the lockup. You may want to look into how long this company has been making 1911's and find a few reviews. It also depends on if ifs just a range toy or do you plan to shoot in competition.

I love 1911s but the concept of a Turkish-built one doesn't sit quite right with me. I briefly owned a Brazilian-built cheap 1911 with an external extractor, which had the bad habit of dropping hot brass down the front of my shirt...it got traded off quickly.

That Turkish piece does look good, but how does it feel and handle?

Originally Posted By: billt460
The Turks have built a lot of well made cloned pistols over the years. Along with some very nice O/U shotguns. So producing a nice, clean, cost effective 1911 doesn't seem to be out of bounds for them. This engraved Beretta 92 clone looks pretty sweet as well. I've seen a lot worse looking pistols out there for $400.00. That's for sure.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/zenith-regard-mc-compact-9mm-stainless-engraved.html#.Wd5LV7de6s0

+1

It seems with 1911 the higher priced ones are the better deal in the long term.

Looks like a nicely made
1911. If it functions well the price is right.

Originally Posted By: CT8

Rock Island Armory Philippine manufactured 1911's have been praised for their high reliability and function. Mine has a better trigger than either my Colt Gold Cup or Springfield Trophy Match. So I see no reason this Turkish 1911 wouldn't fare as well in the quality department. Someone here mentioned they had a friend who had a Dan Wesson that cost well into 4 digits seize up on them.

They are probably decent. I know that some of the 1911's that came out of Turkey had a few odd things out of spec. Some metric threads and stuff like that. Generally they seem to be good shooters though. For a range gun especially they look good. I know old Hickok45 did a review of some a couple years back. He said the trigger was not the greatest if I recall, but other than that no complaints especially for the price point.

Rock Island Armory Philippine manufactured 1911's have been praised for their high reliability and function. Mine has a better trigger than either my Colt Gold Cup or Springfield Trophy Match. So I see no reason this Turkish 1911 wouldn't fare as well in the quality department. Someone here mentioned they had a friend who had a Dan Wesson that cost well into 4 digits seize up on them.

Not a friend...

My kid brother.

It's working OK now, but took some TLC to get there.

Now, he will tell you that his absolute favorite pistol is his S&W 1006. He, and I for that matter, love the 3rd gen S&W auto pistols. Heavy, sure, but well built, acccurate and durable. A quality firearm.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

Someone here mentioned they had a friend who had a Dan Wesson that cost well into 4 digits seize up on them.

Not a friend... My kid brother. It's working OK now, but took some TLC to get there.

Now, he will tell you that his absolute favorite pistol is his S&W 1006. He, and I for that matter, love the 3rd gen S&W auto pistols. Heavy, sure, but well built, acccurate and durable. A quality firearm.

I thought it was you who had mentioned it. But I wasn't sure. I'm glad he finally got it running OK. I love my S&W Stainless 9 MM's. Mine are Model 5946's. They're built like a M1 Abrams without the turbine engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back