Walmart employees are clueless???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went down to Walmart in my area today to grab the 5 quart jug of Pennzoil High Mileage that normally prices at $16.97 but was on rollback at the Walmart site for $15.27. Forgot my phone at home so had to go to customer service so they could look up the rollback price on there web site because the shelf did not have it on rollback. The female that was waiting on me has worked at customer service now for over two years. I know that because I frequent shop there for certain items & I specifically see her working in there. My point -- she said she had no clue how to look up the rollback or get into her site online?? She called her supervisor who showed her the method -- all the while there is a line backing up & up at customer service. My questions is -- was she really that dumb -- played dumb -- or there training is just that bad??? My friend said, "she was probably hoping that you said forget it & payed normal price". My comment back to her was, "good luck with that coming from me!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the opposite. ~ young lady at O’R did not want to exchange wiper blades and told me bring the vehicle and she’d show me. (The plastic was too narrow for the metal arm) … Went back and forth telling her I have done many difficult mechanics jobs. … proper wipers I could do blindfolded (with no manager in sight) … She insists I go get the vehicle …

Walked out and left $44 behind … but O’R will never see me again …

Probably because she isn't tech savy. The last two times I did that the young lady brought out her smart phone, hit a few buttons and voila! Done.

Previous to that an older lady had to go over to an old computer terminal and let the compute warm up. Took forever. Depends who you get.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
My time is too valuable to wait that long for a measly $1.70.

Yep. Can't blame employee for incorrect price.

Are you saying the employee didn't know how to access the online Walmart site ?

Then how did she apply for the job at Walmart in the first place ?

Walmart employees are clueless is a dumb statement. You're the one who forgot your cell phone with the information and it's the WM employee whose to blame? :))

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Walmart employees are clueless is a dumb statement. You're the one who forgot your cell phone with the information and it's the WM employee whose to blame? :))

LOL, Kind of thinking the same thing.
Why not just order it online at the cheap price and go pick it up?

Better for the clueless people working for walmart instead of sitting on welfare or living a life of crime.

Ease up folks. Not everyone is sharp but they dont deserve ridicule.

Last edited:
It’s hard to find a good job or keep a business open in these small towns. Our Walmart automotive manager used to own his own garage ~ and is pretty sharp on cars/light trucks …

I'm wondering if it would ring up at rollback price at the point of sale terminal? I bet they just either forgot to or hadn't put up the price points on the shelves yet. All Pennzoil at Walmart here has the rollback tags on the shelves. I bought a jug of PP 5W20 last night on rollback for $22.

Yep, and its terrible customer service to make it such a hassle. Nobody bothers and WM wins.

This ^

I offered to pick up the difference in Kroger for lady holding up the line on an expired $1 off coupon.

Life is too short to get wrapped around the axle on such things.

I don't find the savings at Walmart to be that great, certainly not worth the hassle of the shopping experience. Wrote them off a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Another useless thread...only this one is worth $1.70................

So why is it that you can bad-mouth Tesla, but other members here cannot bad-mouth anybody else?

Originally Posted By: Kruse

So why is it that you can bad-mouth Tesla, but other members here cannot bad-mouth anybody else?

It's $1.70......I mean a $1.70. Did I mention it's $1.70?

Originally Posted By: Kruse

It's $1.70......I mean a $1.70. Did I mention it's $1.70?

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: blupupher

Why not just order it online at the cheap price and go pick it up?

This. If they price match WM.com it's a courtesy, depending on which set of rules they follow in your region. But if you buy it online, you have it, but you weren't prepared, and apparently neither was the wm employee.

Customer Service desk just loses them money, so the slower they can run that, the more profitable they remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back