Amsoil & Redline ATF is 1 better than the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting stuff around to do an ATF drain and fill on my wife's Malibu. I'll be doing my Equinox this spring. I will be using either Amsoil or Redline Dex6 for both vehicles. To get the majority of old fluid out I will be doing an initial drain and fill, drive it for a few days then a second drain and fill.

My question is, is there any real difference in quality or durability between the two products? Which would you choose?

BTW, just for giggles I will do a UOA on the factory fluids.

I have used the Amsoil Multi-Vehicle ATF in my Santa Fe and it went 300K Miles (535,000km) on the original transmission. I have also used it in my dad's 2012 Caravan which has 187K Miles (300K KM's) and it's original and I currently have it in my Dodge Journey with 50K Miles (80K Km's)

I'm super happy with the shift quality and the longevity of the fluid.

Last edited:
Agreed,

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
UOA's on FF's usually don't allow for a starting baseline of any value, other than general interest.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
I think I will go with Amsoil for both vehicles.

Has never failed me. Good Luck!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have used the Amsoil Multi-Vehicle ATF in my Santa Fe and it went 300K Miles (535,000km) on the original transmission. I have also used it in my dad's 2012 Caravan which has 187K Miles (300K KM's) and it's original and I currently have it in my Dodge Journey with 50K Miles (80K Km's)

Who is the say that had you just used normal ATF or never changed it, that it couldn't go 300k. I'm not bashing Amsoil at all, i've been using Redline D4 and would have used Amsoil if i it was the cheapest fluid. There are more sides to everything.

The OP will be happy with either, just go with the cheaper one.

Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle
Originally Posted By: StevieC

Who is the say that had you just used normal ATF or never changed it, that it couldn't go 300k. I'm not bashing Amsoil at all, i've been using Redline D4 and would have used Amsoil if i it was the cheapest fluid. There are more sides to everything.

The OP will be happy with either, just go with the cheaper one.

There is nothing saying that any other fluid wouldn't do the same. Just stating first hand experience to show that the Amsoil fluid did its job when I used it and that I was happy with the shift quality. The OP's thread is about whether he should choose Amsoil or Redline.

Not sure how what I said wasn't relevant.
21.gif

Last edited:
Both don't seem to have a licesnee, other than meeting the DexVi specs.
I would stay with OEM speced fluid, you have so many choices that are licensed unlike non-American vehicles where one is stuck.
Meeting specs is different from speced fluid and why are you thinking about fluids on nrad new vehicles, give it 60K and ping the forum

Amsoil has a line of licensed products along with their non licensed products. One of which is the XL line of Motor Oils and OE line of ATF's.

Second they will guarantee their products will not cause failure and will warranty them if they do.
(Haven't heard of anyone ever needing this.)

Third the burden of proof is on the Manufacturer to prove it was a failure of the lubricant.

On top of that because they aren't sold through retail channels and it primarily depends on jobbers to sell it through the MLM model don't you think they would have failed by now if their products weren't high quality?

Last edited:
StevieC Im not sure about up in Canada but Amsoil is sold in retail stores all over the U.S. just not in big box stores. Almost every auto parts store around here has Amsoil on the shelf, same with many hardware stores, small engine shops etc. Its allowed under Amsoil's marketing plan but regulated to protect their dealer network.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Click
StevieC Im not sure about up in Canada but Amsoil is sold in retail stores all over the U.S. just not in big box stores. Almost every auto parts store around here has Amsoil on the shelf, same with many hardware stores, small engine shops etc. Its allowed under Amsoil's marketing plan but regulated to protect their dealer network.
smile.gif

Here it's in very few shops and no retailers. It's mainly sold directly by jobbers.

But what you are describing means that it's even more widely adopted in the U.S. then so it just further supports my point I was making about their quality and it not grenading units it's used in.

I flushed my truck and replaced it all with amsoil atf. So far I love it.

Also switched my prius to amsoil atf and haven't noticed much of a difference...but I expect that it will last a very long time. I used signature series for both the truck and prius.

I changed out my dad's Caravan at 50,000km with Amsoil (Sealed for Life Transmission) and it now has 300,000km on it and the fluid looks clean and new.

You could ask any Amsoil Jobber you know to set up a retail store with Amsoil there. Its allowed and helps make it convenient for consumers to find it. Ever since Canadian Tire dropped Amsoil, its been harder to find I know.

Originally Posted By: Click
You could ask any Amsoil Jobber you know to set up a retail store with Amsoil there. Its allowed and helps make it convenient for consumers to find it. Ever since Canadian Tire dropped Amsoil, its been harder to find I know.

For sure... I just order to the house in big batches to minimize shipping costs and it works out cheap enough.

My 07 titan loves amsoil OE synthetic atf and severe gear gear lubes! Free shipping for members till Tuesday.

both good but Redline is the real deal + makes some of the best lubricants in the WORLD, of course you pay for that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back