Vibration in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tiger paws gtz and ever morning after sitting all night I get a vibration until warmed up (10mi) tire size is 225/45r18. Would an air pressure change help? What's your thoughts on air pressure? I hear different things and never really have seen a certain belief be supported. I look forward to all the input.

My guess is they're flat spotting. Could try the tire pressure, maybe increase it a bit. Although some tires just seem prone to it.

My m3 with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires does this after sitting overnight, especially as the temps (finally) get a little cooler around here. Once I get on the highway it clears up quickly.

Put the car on jack stands every night, should solve it
grin.gif

My experience shows the higher the speed rating or more summer-oriented the tire the worse it is.

After how many sets of tires with vibrations on this car?

I think the problem is the road. Seriously.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Or the car itself...or...

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Or the car itself...or...

Did you not read the thread? I dont post here as often as I used to because a few bad apples ruin the bunch. It only does it after sitting over night when the tires warm up it quits......it's the tires. Fiance's dart has the same tires and it also does it not as bad as mine but it's noticable.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
My guess is they're flat spotting. Could try the tire pressure, maybe increase it a bit. Although some tires just seem prone to it.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Flat spotting, some tires do it more than others. My Michelin A/S3+ are really bad for this. No amount of air pressure makes a difference.

Originally Posted By: Audios
My m3 with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires does this after sitting overnight, especially as the temps (finally) get a little cooler around here. Once I get on the highway it clears up quickly.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Some tires are more prone to flat spotting when parked .

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Fiance's dart has the same tires and it also does it not as bad as mine but it's noticable.

Her tires are probably a higher profile which may explain the difference.

Yes hers are 225/55r17 so that's the difference I'm sure. I know it's not abnormal for performance tires it would just be nice to minimize it if possible.
I know some tires also have a rating on the side for max psi when mounting and then a Max psi in general. I bring that up because some people swear you should run tires close to the max psi . There is so much misinformation. I don't understand why some have to have a fit when all I did was make a post about vibration with cold tires.....amazing how sensitive some people are

Yes hers are 225/55r17 so that's the difference I'm sure. I know it's not abnormal for performance tires it would just be nice to minimize it if possible.
I know some tires also have a rating on the side for max psi when mounting and then a Max psi in general. I bring that up because some people swear you should run tires close to the max psi . There is so much misinformation. I don't understand why some have to have a fit when all I did was make a post about vibration with cold tires.....amazing how sensitive some people are

The maximum pressure listed on the sidewall is not the pressure you should run in the tires. Manufacturer recommended pressure is listed on the tire pressure placard located somewhere on the vehicle.

Well, my problem with trying to answer your question is a lack of info - and the info you have given does not make sense
confused2.gif

Your car is a 2014 Dodge Dart GT on which you say you are running 225/45-18 tires. Problem is, the tires spec'd for that car are 225/40-18.

You say "Hers" is a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited on which you say she is running 225/55-17 tires. Problem there is, the tires spec'd for that car are 225/45-17.

It would help if you would tell us what tire and pressures are specified on the door placard on your car and what tire you are running and at what pressures instead of that spec'd tire.

HTH

Would an air pressure change help?

Based on my own experience with flat spotting, playing around with air pressure makes little to no difference.

Recommended pressure is 35 I usually have about 37 in them just to compensate for temp change

The tires on my BMW flat spot a bit too. There's a slight vibration for the first mile or so. Worse if the car has been sitting for several days. It always stops at about the same place. Doesn't do it if the car has been driven recently. I'd rather it didn't do it, but there's nothing to be done about it.

The 3 stripe whitewalls on my by BIL's '66 Impala used to flat spot like crazy. They made a real thump thump thump. I'm glad tires don't do that anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back