Toro Rosso

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't had a Kiwi in F1 for a long time. It takes money to get a ride these days, but he's getting there just on talent. Whether he can keep the ride is another story.

Originally Posted By: billt460
So what's the deal with Kvyat? Is he working at a grocery store in Moscow?

I think Toro Rosso is just testing the waters because of Sainz's imminent departure, and planning down the road with Red Bull. Apparently, his drive is secure next year. This is one of the issues they have these days with such limited testing.

Originally Posted By: Silk
We haven't had a Kiwi in F1 for a long time. It takes money to get a ride these days, but he's getting there just on talent. Whether he can keep the ride is another story.

I for one am really looking forward to see how Hartley and Sainz perform in their new seats. I hope this opens some doors for Hartley too.

Originally Posted By: supercity
Originally Posted By: Silk

I for one am really looking forward to see how Hartley and Sainz perform in their new seats. I hope this opens some doors for Hartley too.

He's about the same age (give or take a year) as Webber was when he made his debut and that worked out ok for him.
Frankly it'd be nice to see the introduction of some more mature drivers with a more rounded racing experience rather than the pimply point and squirt rookies we've seen over the last few years. He's in for a rough ride, but as long as he can keep up with (and out of the way of) his torpedo team mate he should be ok.

I also hope this opens a door for Hartley. With STR transforming into somewhat of a works effort next year it would be nice to see a relatively mature driver alongside a younger driver instead of STR's modus operandi of just youngsters. My lineup for them would be Gasly and Hartley.

As it relates to this weekend specifically, I'm thinking the winner out of all of this could be Haas. While new-driver-heroics are not impossible, the more likely scenario is those two cars are slightly off the pace while the drivers learn the machinery. Of course this is dependent on Haas getting the tires to work which is something they struggle with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back